PDA

View Full Version : Greetings

j.baker
3rd December 2007, 07:56 PM
Hi All,

I originally registered for the opportunity to win a free battery, as you can never have enough, and yes I can be that shallow .

But the overall feedback that I take away from the forum is one of helpfulness. Some forums I participate in sometimes degenerate into fan boy hell, but so far so good.

The only problem so far, is the quality of the images in the gallery. It makes me want to try to "raise my game" so I can take better images.

I tend to take a lot of photographs of our four cats. I have taken so many, that the Tom cat will come to me when I get my camera out (well sometimes).

I reside in north Wiltshire and am a keen, but amateur photographer.

beardedwombat
3rd December 2007, 08:06 PM
They are damn great cats to keep at home!!:eek:

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Cheers
Chris

Scapula Memory
3rd December 2007, 08:11 PM
Welcome aboard John. It is a friendly forum and nothing shallow about wanting a free battery! I wonder if Ian can arrange for some BLL-1 batteries that go in the SHLD 2 grip then I might get my act together and upload like mad to the gallery.

How about that Ian ? ;)

John

PeterD
3rd December 2007, 08:29 PM
Hi All,

I originally registered for the opportunity to win a free battery, as you can never have enough, and yes I can be that shallow .

But the overall feedback that I take away from the forum is one of helpfulness. Some forums I participate in sometimes degenerate into fan boy hell, but so far so good.

The only problem so far, is the quality of the images in the gallery. It makes me want to try to "raise my game" so I can take better images.

I tend to take a lot of photographs of our four cats. I have taken so many, that the Tom cat will come to me when I get my camera out (well sometimes).

I reside in north Wiltshire and am a keen, but amateur photographer.

Hi John

Welcome to the club..oops, sorry Group. Its a new User Group and people here are friendly and will give you feedback if you ask.
PeterD

j.baker
3rd December 2007, 08:29 PM
When I took the "Big Kitty" images, I has the privilege of actually stroking and petting a lion cub. I scratched it behind the ears, just like our cat at home cats like, and it responded.....by trying to playfully bite me.

This was a great afternoon.

Bo_Nydahl
4th December 2007, 03:35 PM
Welcome John,

I enjoy Moggie photo's so let's see some soon.

Mike

j.baker
4th December 2007, 03:53 PM
I have uploaded some moggie images in the gallery. Some were taken with my first digital camera.

theMusicMan
4th December 2007, 11:48 PM
A big welcome to you John... this forum is certainly going to grow and become an excellent resource for Olympus E System users.

elwynjones
5th December 2007, 08:52 AM
Hello all

I'm not yet a DSLR user, but with the launch of the 70/300mm, and a Kenya Safari to experience in September 2008 you can see what's going to happen!

As an existing member of the FourThirds Forum, I'm very please to find this Group. May it and all things Oly thrive!

Using more film on my OMs this year as I'm doing a C&G course, but still using digital

Elwyn:

Jim
5th December 2007, 09:32 AM
Welcome aboard John.

And I have to agree with you, this forum is great, helpful and relevant :)