PDA

View Full Version : Super control panel help!

wellyboot
24th August 2012, 05:26 PM
One of the first things I did was to turn on the super control panel, but today it wasn't there, so I went into the menu and it seems to be turned on, but it just won't appear. Not sure what I have done :confused:
I guess the only thing to do is a factory reset - if I can manage to do that!
Has anyone got any other ideas please?
Many thanks

brian1208
24th August 2012, 06:14 PM
try cycling through the Inf button options - on mine that brings it up when it now and then goes walk-about (I think it usually shows on 2nd push of the inf button) that's after pressing the OK button first by the way

Zuiko
24th August 2012, 06:23 PM
One of the first things I did was to turn on the super control panel, but today it wasn't there, so I went into the menu and it seems to be turned on, but it just won't appear. Not sure what I have done :confused:
I guess the only thing to do is a factory reset - if I can manage to do that!
Has anyone got any other ideas please?
Many thanks

Are you pressing the "OK" button to activate it?

Maybe you haven't set it for all modes - you have to set it seperately within the menu option for :-

iAUTO
PASM
ART (filters)
SCN (scene modes)

If you haven't done this and are using a different mode today it would explain why it's not available. That's all I can think of at the moment, but I'll come back if I have any other ideas.

wellyboot
24th August 2012, 06:38 PM
Thank you Brian and John
Brian:
I have tried the info button but that doesn't bring it up I'm afraid :( but thank you for the idea!
John:
I have set it for all modes, although I mainly use Aperture mode, and pressed OK after setting it :( But again, thank you for the idea.
I was really hoping I had missed something daft, and I probably have, knowing me, but no-one has suggested it yet!! :D
I haven't reset yet, just in case inspiration strikes!!
Thank you both very much again!

StephenL
24th August 2012, 07:10 PM
When I first got the E-M5 I found that I'd been playing in the menus so much that I'd got the whole display thing screwed up. I ended up doing a full reset then methodically applying one change, testing it, then applying another, and so on.

PeteBoo
24th August 2012, 07:25 PM
Press the button on the right side of the eye piece

wellyboot
24th August 2012, 09:25 PM
Press the button on the right side of the eye piece

Peter..... You are an absolute genius!! :)
Thank you so much. You are my hero!!
All sorted, until I get stuck on something else!
Thank you again!!

Ross the fiddler
25th August 2012, 03:58 AM
Thank you again!!

It's always that one little thing that's the hardest to find that solves the problem, but the problem is finding out what that one little thing is. ;) Glad you got the right hint you needed (the others were necessary too).

*chr

rsh1960
25th August 2012, 09:21 AM
Thank you again!!

Careful Peter, there could be a knock on the door & wellyboot out side to give you a big man hug.

Love this site, there's always someone to give somebody a helping hand*chr

wellyboot
25th August 2012, 09:54 PM
Careful Peter, there could be a knock on the door & wellyboot out side to give you a big man hug.

Love this site, there's always someone to give somebody a helping hand*chr

Well it would be a woman hug from me ;), but it would be well worth it for solving that problem. :)
Although I've only just joined I was chuffed that so many came to my aid!!
Not been around much today as one of the dogs has been poorly, involving a trip to the vets but hope to upload some images taken with my OMD very soon!