PDA

View Full Version : 45mm f1.8 Question?

OlyPaul
15th August 2012, 07:19 AM
Does anyone know why the aperture blades in this lens model are constantly adjusting without pressing the shutter button in anything but manual mode or standbye mode or is it just my lens?

snaarman
15th August 2012, 07:32 AM
I think it is something that certain m4/3 lenses do in an attempt to present a nice EVF image. I guess some lenses are louder than others.

Its possible this might be tamed a bit in the future with a software upgrade. It smacks of an internal software feedback loop that is a bit over enthusiastic..

OlyPaul
15th August 2012, 07:35 AM
Well Pete it is not loud (I cannot hear it on mine) but none of my other two lenses do this.:confused:

StephenL
15th August 2012, 07:43 AM
My PanaLeica 25mm is particularly guilty, and loud, of this in certain lighting conditions. Can't say I've noticed it on the 45mm, but if it's quiet then I probably have no reason to notice.

pvasc
15th August 2012, 08:26 AM
Every lens I have you can hear the aperture blades moving. I first notice it with the 50-200 on the E-PL1. Thought something was wrong, then tried all the others and the samething happened. Must be the nature of the beast i guess.