PDA

View Full Version : It's Gotta Go!

StephenL
13th August 2012, 05:17 PM
Boo Hoo! My beautiful, pristine, E-M5 is showing signs of wear!

To be accurate, the paint is starting to be rubbed off at the very front corners of the hot shoe.

Caused, no doubt, by the way I carry it on a Y-Strap. This mean the top of the "pentaprism" rubs on my trouser seat.

I didn't know my backside was THAT rough :eek:

Zuiko
13th August 2012, 05:28 PM
*laughSo it's no longer pristine? Damaged goods, eh? I'll do you a favour and take it off your hands for 200. :D

I shouldn't worry, the bare metal won't go rusty - it's magnesium alloy. And the worn look makes a bold statement:- "This is not a cheap plastic camera!" :)

BTW With a backside that rough you now know where best to strike a Swan Vesta!

StephenL
13th August 2012, 05:33 PM
So it's no longer pristine? Damaged goods, eh? I'll do you a favour and take it off your hands for 200.

*nono*nono*nono*nono*nono*whack NO! :D

Zuiko
13th August 2012, 05:36 PM
*nono*nono*nono*nono*nono*whack NO! :D

Well, it was worth a try! :D

In 10 year's time there'll be a glut of them on ebay for about two hundred quid! *yes

StephenL
13th August 2012, 05:42 PM
Well, it was worth a try! :D

In 10 year's time there'll be a glut of them on ebay for about two hundred quid! *yes

Sounds like a better investment than bricks and mortar, then :rolleyes:

Zuiko
13th August 2012, 05:45 PM
Sounds like a better investment than bricks and mortar, then :rolleyes:

Not sure about bricks and mortar, but certainly a better investment than most shares. :(

Ulfric M Douglas
13th August 2012, 06:50 PM
Don't mention HOW the paint was rubbed off : your price might plummet.

Waxing is always an option. :p

Zuiko
13th August 2012, 07:01 PM

Stephen's b*m or his camera? :D

StephenL
13th August 2012, 07:04 PM

I'm allergic to Turtle Wax :(

Graptolite
13th August 2012, 07:08 PM
The thread title is 'It's Gotta Go....' :confused: You can't be talking about the camera. So it must refer to...*moon
:eek::eek::eek:
Tell us you're not having plastic surgery?!! *ipop

StephenL
13th August 2012, 07:20 PM
That would need Plastic Padding, not plastic surgery!

dko22
14th August 2012, 10:57 AM
do you mean you REMOVED the hot shoe cover? I know most people lose them or throw them away but so far I have managed to hold on to mine as I'm convinced it will add at least 10% to the resale value of the camera -not that I would ever consider selling the E-M5 of course.......

David

StephenL
14th August 2012, 11:46 AM
do you mean you REMOVED the hot shoe cover? I know most people lose them or throw them away but so far I have managed to hold on to mine as I'm convinced it will add at least 10% to the resale value of the camera -not that I would ever consider selling the E-M5 of course.......

David

No, no. The plastic cover is still in place. But the metal of the hot shoe isn't covered by the plastic. Only the terminals are covered :)

brianvickers
14th August 2012, 11:54 AM
I agree with Zuiko....its a statement; gives it character.....there is a current trend to do this artificially on new electric guitars to give them a look of provenience/history/character.....maybe thats the next step after retro styling.

what do you mean its gotta go anyway?

Olybirder
14th August 2012, 12:04 PM
You'll just have to stop wearing the lederhosen Stephen. :)

Ron

StephenL
14th August 2012, 12:04 PM
what do you mean its gotta go anyway?

It's no longer pristine. Looks like I've used it. Heaven forbid, it might even make me look like a PRO! :eek: ;)

dko22
14th August 2012, 09:02 PM
No, no. The plastic cover is still in place. But the metal of the hot shoe isn't covered by the plastic. Only the terminals are covered :)

Ah, I hadn't actually noticed there was a tiny strip of metal behind the hot shoe. I guess I'll need to restrict my cosmetic complaints to a tiny scratch on the 45mm 1.8. I tend to forget it looks like a toy when I see the results.