PDA

View Full Version : E-510 Exposure Compensation

DekHog
29th June 2008, 01:50 PM
OK, this is driving me nuts!! When I press/hold the exp comp button, and dial in a couple of clicks, should the compensation reset to zero after pressing the shutter release to take the picture?

Mine isn't resetting, but is retaining the compensation for any further shots - I've been through the menu system about twenty times, but still can't get it to reset to the default zero. I'm sure it was defaulting back to zero when I first received the camera and was playing around with it, but wouldn't actually bet money on that... :confused:

Ian
29th June 2008, 02:06 PM
OK, this is driving me nuts!! When I press/hold the exp comp button, and dial in a couple of clicks, should the compensation reset to zero after pressing the shutter release to take the picture?

Mine isn't resetting, but is retaining the compensation for any further shots - I've been through the menu system about twenty times, but still can't get it to reset to the default zero. I'm sure it was defaulting back to zero when I first received the camera and was playing around with it, but wouldn't actually bet money on that... :confused:

No, it usuall stays at the setting you have chosen :)

If you change from PASM modes to full AUTO mode, the settings are not remembered for AUTO (though they will revert when you change to PASM).

Ian

DekHog
29th June 2008, 02:13 PM
Thanks for that - that'll keep me on my toes making sure I remember to reset it when needed - would have been nice to have a menu option to retain or reset it after depressing the shutter button, eh?