PDA

View Full Version : Mmf 3

tomphotofx
2nd August 2012, 02:10 PM
After my recent success in the Olympus User Magazine Flower competition I'm now seriously considering the E-M5 1250 kit. My question is, has anyone with an E-M5 had experience of the MMF 3 waterproof adapter? as for the moment I will still keep and use my E3 and lenses.

Any feedback will be appreciated.

All the best

Tom*chr

andym
2nd August 2012, 02:19 PM
I thought long and hard about this when I got my E-M5 and in the end got the MMF2 which you can get for about 60-70.
I have kept my E5 so if it's cats and dogs weather I use that.If it's light rain I'll use the E-M5 with the MMF2 and just keep it up ended between shots to protect the barrel.
I have the m4/3 14-150 which I'm very pleased with as a travel lens but the results I can get with the 12-60 on the E-M5 are stunning.The focus is not really fast but not really slow and I find if you're careful it's very accurate.
Not sure how much the MMF3 is now but I thought 175 a bit much.

Hope this helps

tomphotofx
2nd August 2012, 02:26 PM
Thanks Andy I've got the 12-60 too. Does it balance nicely on the E-M5 body?

I agree the MMF 3 price is steep and made out of plastic I believe!!

All the best.

Tom*chr

andym
2nd August 2012, 02:28 PM
Thanks Andy I've got the 12-60 too. Does it balance nicely on the E-M5 body?

Tom*chr

I'll probably cost you some more money.It balances very well when using the grip.;);)
As it happens it not bad at all without.

Gwyver
2nd August 2012, 03:39 PM
Tom,
I have the E-M5 and use it with the 12-60 attached via the MMF-3. It often rains when I'm walking on the hills around here and using a non-splashproofed adaptor to save a (relatively) few quid seemed to be an unnecessary risk to an expensive camera body & lens.

I find the 12-60 gives good results on the E-M5 though AF acquisition is OK but not lightening fast. As Andy says the balance is fine (I normally just use the landscape section of the HLD-6).

I also tried the E-M5 with my 50-200SWD and found this was an unsatisfactory experience.

tomphotofx
2nd August 2012, 06:33 PM
Thanks to Chris and Andy.

I think I will have to get the grip as well, that's why I was concerned about the balance etc. (More money to find), I think I'll go for the MMF3 as well as I'm often out in the rain too.

All the best.

Tom*chr