PDA

View Full Version : E-M5 IS Behaviour

David Morison
2nd August 2012, 07:35 AM
Recently I noticed that when trying my Lensbaby Scout on the E-M5 the IS went beserk. This is a manual focus, stop down metering lens and this may have something to do with it. With hand held shots and the IS on 1,2 or 3 the image jumps around to the extent that it is impossible to get a sharp image but with the IS off all is well. Has anybody noticed this with other manual focus non MFT lens? This happens at full aperture, f4, so presumably isn't as a result of reduced light on the sensor. As a matter of interest this doesn't happen with my E5, even using LV,with the resultant images OK.

A 5 axis IS phenomenon or is there a problem with my example of the E-M5?

David

Ross the fiddler
2nd August 2012, 10:07 AM
What focal length did you enter in for it? If it was set on a longer focal length, then that might cause an over-exited IS.

Greytop
2nd August 2012, 10:26 AM
What focal length did you enter in for it? If it was set on a longer focal length, then that might cause an over-exited IS.

Good point Ross, re. the focal length setting.

David Morison
2nd August 2012, 10:59 AM
Ross you're a genius, I'm so used to using FT MFT lenses I forgot about this option.

David

Ross the fiddler
2nd August 2012, 11:32 AM
Ross you're a genius, I'm so used to using FT MFT lenses I forgot about this option.

David

Oh well. At least I got something right (I hope). :D :o