PDA

View Full Version : Cheap m43 adaptor

timg
1st August 2012, 02:39 PM
Well, my finger slipped and I seem to have bought myself an EM5! :D

Thought I should try one out but before I make a final decision on whether to swap or not I thought I'd test my 43 glass on it... has anyone tried any of the cheap third-party 43-m43 adaptors that you can get on eBay for 40-50? Do they work the same as the official MMF1/2?

StephenL
1st August 2012, 02:49 PM
Their functionality is supposed to be the same. However, I have heard that their quality varies - in some instances they have worked perfectly but other people have had trouble with them.

A slightly cheaper choice than the MMF1/2 is the Panasonic DMW-MA1, which works exactly the same, but is made by .... Panasonic!

timg
1st August 2012, 03:17 PM
However, I have heard that their quality varies - in some instances they have worked perfectly but other people have had trouble with them.

Thanks Stephen, kinda suspected that would be the case... I suppose if someone has bought one that they know works I might give it a bash, I'm not convinced it's a long-term solution.

Just found a link from Andy last week and Park Cameras are offering MMF2s for 75.

pvasc
1st August 2012, 05:42 PM
I picked up a brand new MMF-2 at LCE London for 69.99 GBP. They are listed under used equipment on the website but are brand new.

Wally
1st August 2012, 06:38 PM
You could also try Amazon... they have them for 79.99 with free P&P. I returned the MMF2 as I found it really slowed things down when trying to auto-focus. Another problem is lens updates. It is treated as a lens on it's own which stops the second lens when fitted from updating.

benvendetta
2nd August 2012, 07:57 AM
I bought the Viltrox version. First one didn't work well but replacement one is fine. Focus is slow though.

timg
2nd August 2012, 12:20 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone... are you meaning the Viltrox version is slower than the official Oly versions?

benvendetta
2nd August 2012, 12:28 PM
Never tried the Oly version so I don't know. But I would imagine it is the same. Perhaps someone with both (or has tried both) will give you an answer.