PDA

View Full Version : Wrte and Read speed for compact cards used in the new E520?

dennisg
27th June 2008, 03:58 PM
I have reviewed all of the available stats on the new E520. Does anyone know what the write and read speeds are on this new body? I have several cards that I use with my E500 and I plan to purchase the E520 here in the States when it becomes availbale here in August. But before buying faster cards, what is the top speed for this body? Makes no sense to buy faster cards that the camera cannot deliver on.

Thanks! ;)

Ian
27th June 2008, 04:23 PM
I have reviewed all of the available stats on the new E520. Does anyone know what the write and read speeds are on this new body? I have several cards that I use with my E500 and I plan to purchase the E520 here in the States when it becomes availbale here in August. But before buying faster cards, what is the top speed for this body? Makes no sense to buy faster cards that the camera cannot deliver on.

Thanks! ;)

I'm pretty sure there is nothing special about the E-520's card interface, so your best bet is 133x cards (SanDisk Extreme III, for example). Out of the current Olympus range, only the E-3 has a UDMA card interface that can take advantage of 266x and 300x cards.

Ian

dennisg
27th June 2008, 04:40 PM
Now that's great service! Thanks for info.

Oh by the way, I have shot some equatation events and used just the RAW format, and YES there is a big difference. So more thanks to all who have pointed me in the right direction!

DG*chr

ScubaRoy
27th June 2008, 05:34 PM
Now that's great service! Thanks for info.

Oh by the way, I have shot some equatation events and used just the RAW format, and YES there is a big difference. So more thanks to all who have pointed me in the right direction!

DG*chr

Using a Sandisk Extreme III and RAW on an E-520.

Once the buffer is full (~9 shots) I am getting about a shot every 1-1.5 seconds

HTH

Roy

dennisg
27th June 2008, 05:51 PM
Thanks for the information. Looks like I may have to get a faster compact card. Not an issue. Prices for these cards have come down significantly, thus not a drain on the pocketbook.

DG;)