PDA

View Full Version : One thing I really like about the E3 focus system

andym
27th June 2008, 12:44 PM
I normally shoot with centre spot small most of the time.Just recently I've been taking lots of wild flowers and have been moving the centre spot around a lot ie to the top in protrait to focus on petels while keeping some of the stem in the picture.
What I like is to return to the centre or HP you just push the focus point selection button and then OK and your back at the centre.

Who's_E
27th June 2008, 12:53 PM
...and have been moving the centre spot around a lot...

I really appreciate this feature, too, and it really helped swing my decision to move to an E3.

Nick

JohnGG
27th June 2008, 01:53 PM
I've only just started moving the focus point around and didn't know about that incantation to reset to the middle. Thanks very much for pointing it out *yes

Cheers,

JohnGG

andym
27th June 2008, 01:55 PM
I've only just started moving the focus point around and didn't know about that incantation to reset to the middle. Thanks very much for pointing it out *yes

Cheers,

JohnGG

No problem

I think you can also set any point as your home point.I have not tried this yet.

JohnGG
27th June 2008, 02:07 PM
No problem

I think you can also set any point as your home point.I have not tried this yet.

Yes, I'm barely scratching the surface of the customisation available on the E-3 as there are so many possible settings. I wish Olympus had supplied a more comprehensive and clear manual on CD-ROM like they did with the E-1. I find the small printed manual that came in the box very dense and difficult to navigate :confused::mad:

I keep looking on the Olympus UK web site for a manual in PDF format but so far nothing has appeared :(

Cheers,

JohnGG

Scapula Memory
27th June 2008, 02:15 PM
Yes, I'm barely scratching the surface of the customisation available on the E-3 as there are so many possible settings. I wish Olympus had supplied a more comprehensive and clear manual on CD-ROM like they did with the E-1. I find the small printed manual that came in the box very dense and difficult to navigate :confused::mad:

I keep looking on the Olympus UK web site for a manual in PDF format but so far nothing has appeared :(

Cheers,

JohnGG

Try this
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/G/01/00/00/00/83/02/01/83020190.pdf

Takes a few moments to load but it looks the real deal.

JohnGG
27th June 2008, 03:07 PM
Try this
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/G/01/00/00/00/83/02/01/83020190.pdf

Takes a few moments to load but it looks the real deal.

Superb *chr

Thank you very much *yes

JohnGG