PDA

View Full Version : OM-D E-M5 from Amazon at 892.00

son of sid
25th July 2012, 03:09 PM
Black Body only - 11% reduction - in stock with free delivery. All other combinations are still at list price.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0073A1DJC/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&psc=1&s=electronics

Not 781 but a worthwhile reduction I think.

Sid :)

StephenL
25th July 2012, 03:16 PM
Ah well, it's black, you see. Obviously silver attracts a premium as it's a camera for those with class and impeccable taste. ;)

Zuiko
25th July 2012, 04:04 PM
Ah well, it's black, you see. Obviously silver attracts a premium as it's a camera for those with class and impeccable taste. ;)

I'd have a neon orange one with electric blue stripes, day-glo pink trimmings, glitter and tinsel if it was cheap enough! :D

Graham_of_Rainham
25th July 2012, 04:18 PM
I'd have a neon orange one with electric blue stripes, day-glo pink trimmings, glitter and tinsel if it was cheap enough! :D

Bling junkie ;)

StephenL
25th July 2012, 04:56 PM

Sold to the man in the turquoise kilt!

Ulfric M Douglas
25th July 2012, 06:30 PM
That's a substantial reduction, and at this time : when they're still fairly hard to get.
I mean, it's not as if they can't shift 'em is it?

I'll get one when they're 250-ish...

Olybirder
25th July 2012, 06:33 PM
That's a substantial reduction, and at this time : when they're still fairly hard to get.
I mean, it's not as if they can't shift 'em is it?
If it is anything like Amazon's usual pricing, it will be back to full price in a day or two. I can never understand why they do it.

Ron

Wally
25th July 2012, 07:57 PM
It gets people talking which in turn gets them on site. Just like shopping... everything you really want is at the rear of the shop so they hope you'll spend on something that catches your eye. On Amazon, the opposite is true... the snatch of the day gets the punters in where they hope a snoop here and there will bring in a sale.

Ross the fiddler
26th July 2012, 01:28 AM
Bling junkie ;)

And hose pipe addict. :p :D

Ross the fiddler
26th July 2012, 01:36 AM
For any Australians reading this, there are a few places that have been discounting the E-M5 kits from the start by buying through a wholesale group (of Aussie stock) & that's how I got mine so cheap at the time (from $1499 down to $1337 for the 12-50 kit at DigiDirect) some others are a little cheaper too (but check that it is Aussie stock).

Olybirder
29th July 2012, 10:13 PM
Back to the usual 0.99 discount now. All is well with the world. ;)

Ron

Zuiko
29th July 2012, 10:59 PM
Bling junkie ;)

That's me! :D

Zuiko
29th July 2012, 11:00 PM
Sold to the man in the turquoise kilt!

You know? :eek:

Zuiko
29th July 2012, 11:02 PM
And hose pipe addict. :p :D

Ah, that. :o

Nick Temple-Fry
29th July 2012, 11:29 PM
Back to the usual 0.99 discount now. All is well with the world. ;)

Ron

Watch carefully the Amazon prices on the silver body - it may well drop lower than 892. Amazon runs a pricing system based on projected sales and stock turn, it basically means everything they stock has to turn over revenue of 'x' within a period of time of it coming into stock. When demand slows they get overstock, the system then discounts quite heavily. It is a very successful way of doing automated stock management - but gives buyers an opportunity window on newish products as they pass the demand hump.

Nick

Olybirder
28th August 2012, 08:36 AM
After a couple of brief, hefty discounts by Amazon, prices had returned to list again. However, today SRS are offering the body only and body + 12-50 lens kit at 50 off list (949 and 1099.) I suppose Amazon will match those prices. The prices do seem to be holding up remarkably well.

Ron

StephenL
28th August 2012, 08:39 AM
I presume that supply is now keeping up with demand?

Anyone heard anything on the battery front? (not that I need any)

I'm still waiting for my eyecup.

steverh
28th August 2012, 05:20 PM
Anyone heard anything on the battery front? (not that I need any)

I received a long-awaited battery from SRS last week.

StephenL
28th August 2012, 05:26 PM
I spoke to SRS this morning. The eyecup is still not in stock. Apparently most/all accessories are still in short supply but cameras are coming through OK, and selling well. Also 3 employees of SRS have sold their Nikon kit to buy the E-M5!

Alpha1
28th August 2012, 06:39 PM
I was able to get a spare battery when I bought the Oly grip from LCE in Southampton last week. But I bought the only E-M-5 that came in, and it went out with me the same day! :)