PDA

View Full Version : A little Surreal

knikki
25th June 2008, 09:05 AM
OK this was done for another college course I did last year, stuck it in here for some C&C, I like it but I would like it also to be better and see if I can learn and improve when I do another one. :D

(Just looking the sky was not a 'bland' as it looks here when it is printed out)

http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/500/Thru_the_door.jpg (http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/6370)

gno
25th June 2008, 11:38 AM
(Just looking the sky was not a 'bland' as it looks here when it is printed out)

Hi knikki,

Nice idea, what happened to the sky? If as you say it wasn't washed out in the original can you not increase the contrast. I find my eye being drawn to the sky rather than through the door which I think was your intention. As the sky is so light it would be very easy to add a new background which I think would make a huge difference.
I think I would also remove the tree growing from the top of the doorway.

Would love to see a reworked version.

Regards

Gavin

ScubaRoy
25th June 2008, 08:47 PM
I like the idea but....

For me it is a little tooo obvious that it is a montage. The most immediate thing that springs out is that the lighting on the shed and the woman are 90 degrees to the lighting of the main scene e.g. the main scene is lit from behind the camera and to the right, the woman and shed from behind camera left.

If the lighting were sorted then I would be trying to guess whether the shot had been set up in the woods with a shed front or if the shed and woman were added later.

Maybe you could flip the shed and woman to get the lighting the same and see if it works better?

HTH

Roy

knikki
26th June 2008, 11:52 AM
Thanks for the comments

Gno I will have a go at dumping in a sky, think I can manage that. As for "Removal of the tree" hmmm think that might be beyond my PS skills but i will have a go.

ScubaRoy I see what you mean about the light directions, will have a play with it later in the week and see if can fix it