PDA

View Full Version : Question about Battery Grip?

R MacE
2nd December 2007, 11:47 PM
Is there a place to store the battery door once removed from the camera?

Ian
3rd December 2007, 01:15 AM
Is there a place to store the battery door once removed from the camera?

Good question! I don't yet know the answer. There certainly is with the E-1 grip, it would be logical to continue the tradition :)

Ian

R MacE
3rd December 2007, 01:19 AM
Hi Ian,

I guess I'll have to wait for the Free Grip :)

If there isn't a space for it I suppose I can always put it in the Free Back Pack :cool:

Bo_Nydahl
3rd December 2007, 07:49 AM
It will be interesting to see how long it is before these items ship. My guess is January once the offer has closed.

Mike

CaptainD
3rd December 2007, 03:54 PM
I downloaded the battery grip manual from the Oly Japan site and the answer is yes. The battery cover is secured to the grip on the insert that replaces the BLM-1 in the camera body. If you wanted to download the manual before you receive your grip here is the link.

http://www.olympus.co.jp/en/support/imsg/digicamera/download/manual/

Best regards

Chris

R MacE
3rd December 2007, 03:59 PM
Hi Chris,

thanks for the info and the link.

Appreciated :)

Richard

Ian
3rd December 2007, 04:00 PM
I downloaded the battery grip manual from the Oly Japan site and the answer is yes. The battery cover is secured to the grip on the insert that replaces the BLM-1 in the camera body. If you wanted to download the manual before you receive your grip here is the link.

http://www.olympus.co.jp/en/support/imsg/digicamera/download/manual/

Best regards

Chris

Now that's what I call a useful link :)

The HLD-4 solution is quite ingenious for stowing the redundant door. And don't forget you can use 6x AAs for emergency use instead of BLM-1s.

Ian

Invicta
3rd December 2007, 11:47 PM

The HLD-4 solution is quite ingenious for stowing the redundant door. And don't forget you can use 6x AAs for emergency use instead of BLM-1s.

Ian

The manual refers to a GS-3 grip strap.

There is a picture of one of these on this web page:

http://www.olympus-global.com/en/news/2007b/nr071017e3acce.cfm

Any ideas if these will be available in the UK and if so can they be used with a neck strap or are they an alternative?

R MacE
3rd December 2007, 11:59 PM
I don't see much difference between the GS-3 and the GS-2. I wonder why they've released a new version.

Melaka
4th December 2007, 07:34 AM
Presumably you can also use 3x or 6x CR123A as a further alternative to the BLM1 and AAs.

emirpprime
4th December 2007, 08:00 AM
Word in anotherforum is that it is slightly longer. The old one doesn't fit so you have to buy a new one! However some 3rd party ones do still fit. Hopefully it will be available soon as I really like the grip strap.
Phil

Paulpp
4th December 2007, 09:43 AM
I agree. Looks good - hope it is available soon

Ian
4th December 2007, 10:59 AM
Presumably you can also use 3x or 6x CR123A as a further alternative to the BLM1 and AAs.

Yes, there is a BLM-1 alternative housing 3x CR123A batteries, so you could use a pair of these if you wanted to, but the AA option seems much more attractive to me. A set of six freshly charged 2800 mAh NiMHs will give you very nearly the same capacity as two BLM-1s.

Ian

flying haggis
4th December 2007, 05:35 PM

Ian

i have to agree that the link is a useful one, so ahy chance of making it a sticky or to nick an idea from the 4/3 forum and have a keepers page so that when we need the link we can find the bl**dy thing again as I cant remember web addresses

Invicta
4th December 2007, 05:47 PM
Hi,

Anybody know if the grip straps can be mounted on the camera along with a neck strap or do you need to remove the neck strap in order to be able to use a grip strap?

Many thanks.

flying haggis
4th December 2007, 06:01 PM
Hi,

Anybody know if the grip straps can be mounted on the camera along with a neck strap or do you need to remove the neck strap in order to be able to use a grip strap?

Many thanks.

on the E1 with HLD2 the grip strap should fit onto the camera ring as well as the neck strap but if you do as i do and have the neck strap fitted as though it was a grip strap I dont think both straps would fit through the HLD2 mounting point