PDA

View Full Version : Battery Grip question

brianvickers
21st July 2012, 08:27 AM
When using the battery grip with second battery fitted...I assume the low battery warning means both batteries are discharged....so this is a disadvantage when compared with keeping the spare separate then at least I wont get caught out as I can fit the spare when the battery warning comes on.
sorry if this has already been asked, but it looks like I'm going to have to charge 2 batteries every night instead of one or run the risk of running out completely.

Do you agree....or does the warning mean the second battery is starting to be used? Cant find anything in the manual.

Might have to get a third battery!

andym
21st July 2012, 09:17 AM
What seems to happen is this(I think).Depending on how you have the camera set ie to use the in body battery first or the grip first, besides the battery indicator in the viewfinder or on the screen it will say PBH if the grip battery is being used or just show the battery indicator if the in body battery is being used.
On the E5 both batteries are drained at the same time but the OM-D uses one first and the switches to the other.

I must admit I use the grip nearly all the time but only put a battery in the grip for ease of changing.

Hope this helps.

Greytop
21st July 2012, 12:11 PM
Andy is spot on Brian, you set the camera up to either use the grip battery first then the one in the body or visa versa, one battery at a time is used.

brianvickers
21st July 2012, 01:46 PM
Brilliant, thanks...it does say PBH under the battery icon with the battery in the grip, and just the battery icon when I take the battery out of the grip......I can monitor that now so I know where I'm at.....many thanks!!!

Isn't this forum just wonderful!