PDA

View Full Version : FP-1 Power grip

sapper
20th July 2012, 09:19 AM
Question re batteries in the power grip. Instructions not so clear.
Is there any advantage of using batteries in both a FL50 flash and the grip. The flash works with batteries in and none in grip, just wondered if it is worth buying some for the grip if it would increase output or recycling time.

Bikie John
20th July 2012, 10:59 AM
Putting battetries in the grip as well as (or instead of) the flash shouldn't affect the power output. However it may well speed up recycling time, and will dramatically increase the number of flashes. I use it with a full set of fresh batteries in both flash and grip if I'm likely to be taking loads of pics at an event. Hard to put precise numbers on it, but it seems happy to deliver more than a hundred flashes and still recycle fairly quickly, which I would never expect to get out of a set of 4 AA's alone.

Ciao ... John

Ian
20th July 2012, 12:00 PM
The manual says:

Always turn the flash power grip on before the electronic flash.

As the flash power grip supplies the control power to the FL-50 electronic flash, it is not necessary to load batteries in the FL-50 electronic flash. In this case, however, the flash charge time increases slightly and the available flash emission count decreases.

Ian