PDA

View Full Version : My E510 has arrived :-)

bully74uk
23rd June 2008, 08:36 PM
Collected my E510 from the courier today. :)

Was supposed to come bundled with a spare battery and Case which wasn't in the box but im sure its just a packaging error and at least ive got the camera and two lenses to play with until the extras arrive.

My first DSLR so the learning curve really starts here, and here on the forum no doubt ;)

If anyone has any tips, other than "just get out and take as many pictures as you can" then please feel free to share them.

Im particularly keen to here you settings preferences. I have read that I should try shooting with the Noise filter off and I think sharpness at -1, does that sound familiar to anyone. Also im sure I read that its best to knock the exposure down a tad, is that correct ????

Thats all for now folks, im off to watch the set-up DVD that came in the box whilst the damn battery charges :mad:

Regards,

andym
23rd June 2008, 08:41 PM
Hi

Try this.As far as I am concerned its the best you can get

http://www.wrotniak.net/photo/43/e510-sett.html

Have fun.

Garrie
23rd June 2008, 08:49 PM
Have fun and enjoy your new camera *chr

Chillimonster
23rd June 2008, 09:10 PM

Enjoy the ride :)

Chris

PS - Forgot to send you the links i promised on the PM, but i'll dig em out when i get a minute or two.

Malcolm Cousins
23rd June 2008, 11:23 PM
Set noise to low and sharpness to normal with adobe rgb as default colour space.:) or you can shoot in RAW which I have found does not give any benefit.

siralien
24th June 2008, 04:50 PM
Nice! I have had mine for a couple of months now but sadly little of the use I should have. I'm just down the road from you in South Glos. so if you fancy a little trial with the camera someplace, just yell! :cool:

Was supposed to come bundled with a spare battery and Case which wasn't in the box but im sure its just a packaging error and at least ive got the camera and two lenses to play with until the extras arrive.

My first DSLR so the learning curve really starts here, and here on the forum no doubt ;)

If anyone has any tips, other than "just get out and take as many pictures as you can" then please feel free to share them.

Im particularly keen to here you settings preferences. I have read that I should try shooting with the Noise filter off and I think sharpness at -1, does that sound familiar to anyone. Also im sure I read that its best to knock the exposure down a tad, is that correct ????

Thats all for now folks, im off to watch the set-up DVD that came in the box whilst the damn battery charges :mad:

Regards,