PDA

View Full Version : WARNING - Flash Bracket Problem

Graham_of_Rainham
11th July 2012, 09:01 AM
See: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261036143965?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

2.03 delivered!

:eek:

There is a fault in the design of the Hot Shoe on this bracket. The spring loaded center pin of a flash gun can get caught in the recess of the hot shoe, preventing it from being removed. :o

This happened to my FL-36R and I had to cut the hot shoe off the foot of the flash gun. While my flash gun is OK the Hot Shoe is completely destroyed... :(

Loup Garou
11th July 2012, 09:11 AM
Sorry to hear that. Good quality flash brackets are surprisingly rare and a lot of the ones available on the market look and feel tacky. I am not surprised that your e-bay one caused problems.

I have a Kaiser flash bracket that I bought used over 10 years ago and it still works very well. Obviously, I have insulated the shoe against short-circuiting as discussed in an earlier thread.

Ross the fiddler
11th July 2012, 09:48 AM
There is a fault in the design of the Hot Shoe on this bracket. The spring loaded center pin of a flash gun can get caught in the recess of the hot shoe, preventing it from being removed. :o

This happened to my FL-36R and I had to cut the hot shoe off the foot of the flash gun. While my flash gun is OK the Hot Shoe is completely destroyed... :(

I got that one & had to do the same too. I don't think I'm going to use it anyhow, even though I have other hot-shoe mounts. To use it, there needs to be a chamfer on the centre hole & I should have known before putting a flash in it.