PDA

View Full Version : Focal lengths when using EC14 on E-M5?

Ross the fiddler
29th June 2012, 11:51 AM
I have noticed that all of my 4/3's lenses (well the few I have tried just now) when using the EC14 on the E-M5 that it shows the correct focal length (i.e. X 1.4) at the zoom extremes of the lens, but everything in between it reverts back to the original lens focal length. Has anybody else seen this? :confused: It sounds like another E-M5 firmware update (&/or EC14?) inclusion.

StephenL
29th June 2012, 12:26 PM
It might be something to do with 4/3 lenses not officially supporting two or more adaptors, eg, the EC14 plus the MMF1. I'm sure I read this somewhere .....

Ross the fiddler
29th June 2012, 01:55 PM
It might be something to do with 4/3 lenses not officially supporting two or more adaptors, eg, the EC14 plus the MMF1. I'm sure I read this somewhere .....

I know it doesn't support the EX25 & EC14 together (although I think it works with others having tried it), but I believe the MMF adapters are invisible to the camera as they are not anything more than straight through connections (except for the extra two pins of M4/3's) & don't show in the EXIF at all. I just thought it was odd how the camera can show the correct focal length at the extremes of the zoom range & not for everything in between. I'm sure they'll come up with a firmware fix when they get enough notification for it.