PDA

View Full Version : (UPDATE) Jacobs Focus on Imaging orders and freebies

Ian
21st June 2012, 06:05 PM
Olympus says that all pre-orders and promotional freebies due from Focus on Imaging earlier this year will be honoured and delivered - eventually. The problem at the moment is that there is general confusion as to whether Jacobs itself will be sending the goods out as it winds down or not. If not, Olympus will step in. If you haven't received anything by the end of the first week of July Olympus suggests you get in touch with them.

Ian

Zuiko
21st June 2012, 06:33 PM
Olympus says that all pre-orders and promotional freebies due from Focus on Imaging earlier this year will be honoured and delivered - eventually. The problem at the moment is that there is general confusion as to whether Jacobs itself will be sending the goods out as it winds down or not. If not, Olympus will step in. If you haven't received anything by the end of the first week of July Olympus suggests you get in touch with them.

Ian

Good for Olympus! I can understand them not wanting to rush in if there is still a chance of Jacobs fulfilling their obligations but it's reasurring to know they will step in if necessary. :)

brianvickers
21st June 2012, 06:48 PM
Great new!
Thanks

Frank N Furter
21st June 2012, 06:57 PM
Thanks Ian :)

smartwombat
21st June 2012, 07:10 PM
Good news. Nothing received and July is only a week away.

CJJE
25th June 2012, 04:39 PM
I understand that all Jacobs branches have now been closed down, with the Leicester shop remaining open to sell off the remaining stock. The administrators had been trying to sell the chain off to a new owner but have now admitted defeat. Bad news for the employees and anyone with outstanding goods (time to claim on your credit cards perhaps?) but there could be some bargains coming in Leicester.

Chris

Ian
26th June 2012, 01:39 PM
Here is an update from Olympus:

We have tried to get to the bottom of this but as you may imagine they have many things to deal with and a lot of uncertainty.

We are extremely sorry for the delay in resolving this.

Please advise:

Anyone who is having problems getting their case and battery from Jacobs please ask them to contact our Customer support Team with their details

Customer Service & Support
Service & Support: 0800 111 4888
(Mon-Fri 9am to 4pm) Email: customer.support@olympus.co.uk

Ian

Frank N Furter
26th June 2012, 01:49 PM
Thanks Ian. I just called a very helpful gentleman at Olympus who has found me on his 'list' and has promised to fulfil the items as soon as possible. It appears they have ordered in replacement stock to do this rather than waiting for the Jacobs administrators to release the original stock.

So there may be a little delay, but the main thing is that Olympus have stepped in and are honouring the deal *yes

brianvickers
27th June 2012, 09:55 PM
I phoned Olympus today and Sue confirmed their new stock should be in early July and will be sent out asap....reassuringly I am on their list.
Thanks again Ian,

brianvickers
13th July 2012, 03:03 PM
just had a call from Olympus - they are starting to dispatch the freebies today!

brianvickers
16th July 2012, 09:11 PM
Freebies received today...nice quality case...not sure how to fit the GS-4 hand grip though....bit of a krypton challenge for me I think.

Frank N Furter
16th July 2012, 09:17 PM
fantastic, hope they've got plenty....would be great to get them before my hols next week!!!

Zanydave
16th July 2012, 10:59 PM
Got mine the other day.. Keeping the battery. Anybody want the rest?

The Saint
17th July 2012, 07:39 AM
Zanydave

Try PeteBoo, He'll probably have the case off you as he missed out when I sold might the other day.

Simon

smartwombat
18th July 2012, 11:27 AM
I had a reply from Jacobs:
Dear Mr Maskens,
Thank you for you email, all the Olympus orders have been passed back to Olympus and they will supply the products direct to you as soon as they have stock.

Regards Carl.
Mail Order Dept
Cecil Jacobs Ltd

But no reply from Olympus to my email querying the same order.

brianvickers
18th July 2012, 09:55 PM
Paul, Ian posted the phone number earlier...its worth making the call, they will confirm you are on the list....

Customer Service & Support
Service & Support: 0800 111 4888
(Mon-Fri 9am to 4pm) Email: customer.support@olympus.co.uk