PDA

View Full Version : focussing issues

joglos
19th June 2012, 02:06 PM
I have recently started having problems with my E520, with both the oly 75-300 and sigma 50 -500 focussing in auto past around half way up the scope of both lenses it hunts like mad at a the top end rarely manages at all.
Both lenses are working fine on the E-1 so i assume i am right in thinking the body is the problem, none of its images are quiet as crisp as they used to be.In manual i can get it focussed ok.

Wee man
19th June 2012, 04:41 PM
Maybe try a reset?

peak4
19th June 2012, 04:46 PM
or a puff or twp of air (Not From A Can) in the area of the AF sensor in the bottom of the throat of the camera below the mirror?

joglos
20th June 2012, 02:39 PM
Hi Thanks for your answers, had more time to play today, i had already cleaned contacts on camera and lenses with iso, so today did as suggested re sensor and went to try. If i focus on flowers etc approx 10 ft + away it will focus fairly quicky, but point it up at the sky etc and no joy at all all, hunting and then just the lens motor whiring! (75-300) as i love getting birds in flight its an arghhh!. Put the same lense on E-1 just to double check worked no problem at all.

zekewhipper
24th June 2012, 02:18 PM
I'm not surprised. The sky is generally without much contrast, and birds in flight are tiny, so the camera will most likely hunt. Also, if you are trying to focus with the lenses zoomed far out, then your camera shake (as seen through the lens) will be just that much worse, so the AF will also struggle more as the AF point is jumping around just that much worse.

joglos
27th June 2012, 06:25 AM
Thanks Zeke but i have been using the camera for 12mths with no problem at all, this is a new problem.