PDA

View Full Version : e3 & 11 - 22 pano (large image)

Steve Roughley
15th June 2008, 06:38 PM
7 images stitched with autopano and a little pp in cs3.
I think this is Loch Eilt, I should check sometime I guess.
Just on the right hand side of the shot is the railway line to mallaig from Fort William
I missed a shot of the steam train in this shot by about 15 seconds. I ran to get to this spot as well. Just not quick enough I guess.
Had great fun flicking the deer ticks of my trousers when I got back to the car.

http://www.steveroughleyphotography.com/pool1a%20copy.jpg

Steve

Garrie
15th June 2008, 07:51 PM
I love it... I've nothing to say other than I think its great. I think you've mastered the 11 - 22 so well, all your shots with it are amazing.

This is something I hope to achieve with my 10 - 20 one day.

Thanks for sharing your shots :)

Susan
17th June 2008, 11:25 PM
Absolutely stunning, you've captured it brilliantly. I love the depth in the colours and the leading lines (in the beach) that draw you in to the shot. When i look at the shot, i'm feeling the warmth of the sun, the smell of the fresh air and the dreaded midges (only kidding about that bit heehee). But seriously it's a belter bud, think you should see about getting it printed out, it's a shame if you just leave in a pc :)

Well done *yes

StephenL
18th June 2008, 10:41 AM
Love the rich colours esp in the sand.

Wreckdiver
18th June 2008, 12:24 PM
That really is a great composition. Did you have the camera in portrait mode? that would the give maximum height whilst the width would, of course, be dictated by the number of shots taken.

I guess that the 11-22mm lens would be the widest Olympus lens that could be used without introducing distortion. I have the 7-14mm also and I must try some panoramic shots using it to assess the distortion, else I'll stick with my 11-22mm. I am off to Scotland in August and have several locations for panoramic shots already in mind that I want to try.

Great stuff t-up

Steve

Steve Roughley
21st June 2008, 01:23 PM
That really is a great composition. Did you have the camera in portrait mode? that would the give maximum height whilst the width would, of course, be dictated by the number of shots taken.

I guess that the 11-22mm lens would be the widest Olympus lens that could be used without introducing distortion. I have the 7-14mm also and I must try some panoramic shots using it to assess the distortion, else I'll stick with my 11-22mm. I am off to Scotland in August and have several locations for panoramic shots already in mind that I want to try.

Great stuff t-up

Steve

Hi Steve
yes it was taken in portrait mode.
Good luck in Scotland I hope you get some good weather.
If you want some location ideas have a look at my website. You may already know most of the locations but if you want any info let me know.

Steve