PDA

View Full Version : E0620 Mode dial problem

John Rayner
14th June 2012, 03:03 PM
My E-620 is doing what my E-510 did - I shoot most of my pics in Aperture priority. Every now and again I'd find the camera in Program mode - Mode dial on A but LCD displaying P. Who else is in this boat with me - I have seen folk on other sites experiencing this anomally. Apparently the dial needs replacing (fortunatley still under guarantee). My point is, if this happens to many people surely merely fixing what is broke ain't the final answer - its a design flaw and needs addressing further up the chain of command - Olympus HQ. What say you, folks ?

crimbo
14th June 2012, 06:41 PM
Never had that problem usually get the metering has changed to spot though...

Wee man
14th June 2012, 10:19 PM
I sometime get this with the E30 had it sorted under warrenty but it still comes back; switch mode and back again usually sorts it but it can be a problem if you do not spot it.

Ross the fiddler
15th June 2012, 04:55 AM
I sometime get this with the E30 had it sorted under warrenty but it still comes back; switch mode and back again usually sorts it but it can be a problem if you do not spot it.

Same with my E30. I haven't lost too much sleep over it & just rotated the dial & back to fix it.

Roberta
26th June 2012, 07:20 AM
Yes i have it with my 600 and recently on my E620. Called Olympus, not dear to replace but none in Australia and like Ross says I just check when I switch on

Barkly
26th June 2012, 08:58 AM
Never noticed - but sure I don't seem to have the problem. Maybe poltergiest!