PDA

View Full Version : Like e-group posts with Facebook!

Ian
13th June 2012, 03:00 PM
Better late than never, but you can now 'Like' posts here on the e-group forum by clicking on a Facebook Like button, like (:)) this:

http://e-group.uk.net/files/forum_images/Like.PNG

Clicking on the button will create a link to the post on your Facebook wall. This should greatly widen the visibility of the site by highlighting it to all your Facebook friends. Awareness is half the battle with a site like ours, so please use the button if you think a post will genuinely be of interest to your Facebook friends. You need to be logged to Facebook in for this to work automatically.

If you aren't on Facebook or you are logged out, don't worry, by pressing the button you will simply get a login prompt from Facebook, which you can ignore if you wish.

Ian

Janet
13th June 2012, 03:31 PM
Ian, the FB "like" button isn't working here...

Janet

Janet
13th June 2012, 03:34 PM
Correction....it isn't working in Firefox, but works on Chrome...shame...I only use Chrome or IE when I'm desperate!

Is it something you can sort?

Janet

Ian
13th June 2012, 04:10 PM
I'm using FireFox - working here...

Ian

Ian
13th June 2012, 04:21 PM
My default browser is Firefox and it was on version 12 earlier today (running on Windows 7 64). I have just updated to version 13 and the Like button is still working for me. So I don't know what the problem is you are experiencing, Janet. If I recall, you don't even need to be logged in to the forum for the button to work.

Ian

PS One thing I have just thought of - are you using any ad-blockers? The button is an iFrame.

Ian
13th June 2012, 04:43 PM
Just tested it on my smartphone web browser - working without problems.

If anyone else is experiencing problems, please let me know.

Ian

Janet
13th June 2012, 07:24 PM
Thanks Ian - yes, I was using Adblock. I've disabled it temporarily and I've got the button now.

Janet

Ian
13th June 2012, 08:53 PM
If a site you value offers free content, I would appal to anyone to reconsider the use of ad-blocking. The e-group doesn't even run ads if you are a registered member.

Ian

Janet
13th June 2012, 11:45 PM
I'd totally forgotten I had it Ian, until you jogged my memory!

Janet