PDA

View Full Version : Difference in US version of E5

Ian Grego
10th June 2012, 02:42 PM
Good afternoon to all,

Could one of you knowledgable people out there tell what is different with the US version of the E5 as there is one on Ebay at the moment.

Also does anyone know what the custom costs could be for this camera if it came to the Uk

Thanks in advance

Ian

Daveart
10th June 2012, 02:55 PM
Hi The only difference that I am aware of is warrenty you would only get 1 year as apposed to 2 years here in the UK.

Plus you would have to pay import tax.

Dave

Wally
10th June 2012, 03:13 PM
Best to check HMC website... a recent post mentioned 20% duty plus there may even be an additional surcharge from the Post Office.

Ian Grego
10th June 2012, 03:20 PM
Thanks for the replies,

Think I will let it dissappear into the mist

Ian

Chevvyf1
10th June 2012, 03:29 PM
Best to check HMC website... a recent post mentioned 20% duty plus there may even be an additional surcharge from the Post Office.

Wally your quite correct - the PO Charge 11 for doing the fee collection on behalf of HM :D and why not ! and the 20% is on the Post & Packing, Insurance and value of the item too :eek: + 11 (or maybe more now ...) :cool:

RogerMac
10th June 2012, 04:12 PM
I think that there is an EU import tax on top of the 20% VAT quoted above, when I was thinking about a similar transaction a couple of years ago I rang HM customs and asked. I can not remember thye exact rate but it was enough to put me off the whole idea

Roger

Chevvyf1
10th June 2012, 04:20 PM
Example
$800 for camera
$ 67 shipping
$ 22 Insurance

Customs value 536

TAX 115.81 at on line import from USA calculator

Chevvyf1
10th June 2012, 04:24 PM
sorry try it yourself

http://www.dutycalculator.com/new-import-duty-and-tax-calculation/

Ian Grego
10th June 2012, 05:38 PM
Thanks to all for replies

Now that I have had a play with the calculator Chevvy forwarded. It will not be coming to Derbyshire unless it is extremly low on bidding.

Thanks again

Ian

Chevvyf1
10th June 2012, 06:13 PM
Thanks to all for replies

Now that I have had a play with the calculator Chevvy forwarded. It will not be coming to Derbyshire unless it is extremly low on bidding.

Thanks again

Ian

Apart from which, if it gets damaged in transit :( ... the claim is a right *ugger :eek:

StephenL
10th June 2012, 06:38 PM
I would guess the US version would be NTSCC video, whilst the UK would be PAL? BTW I was told that NTSCC stood for Never The Same Colour Twice.

Oh, and the UK version has its video recording limited to 30 minutes per shot. (UK Customs requirement)

Chevvyf1
10th June 2012, 07:01 PM
I would guess the US version would be NTSCC video, whilst the UK would be PAL? BTW I was told that NTSCC stood for Never The Same Colour Twice.

Oh, and the UK version has its video recording limited to 30 minutes per shot. (UK Customs requirement)

Yes Quite right ! *chr