PDA

View Full Version : Tricks with multiple exposure?

Loup Garou
10th June 2012, 07:00 AM
Since the OM-D is my first digital camera with an interchangeable lens facility - and so TTL adjustment even if not true TTL views - I want to know if I can do some multiple expose tricks that I used to with my old Canon EOS10 film camera back in the 1990s. I used to own a Cokin Filter set at that time, including a 346 Mask filter that was half opaque. That enabled me to take a double exposure with the same person "next to himeself/herself" and similar creative images.

The 346 and many similar filters are now clearly marked "not suitable for digital". Therefore, is there any other way I can achieve the same effect with the OM-D using its own multiple exposure facility?

DekHog
10th June 2012, 09:20 AM
You don't even need the multiple exposure facility or filters, all you need is a static camera and two or more shots...... See here (https://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&gs_nf=1&cp=19&gs_id=22&xhr=t&q=photoshop+same+person+multiple+times&pf=p&newwindow=1&safe=off&sclient=psy-ab&oq=photoshop+same+pers&aq=0&aqi=g2g-K2&aql=&gs_l=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=3cee0fc66ae1632c&biw=1280&bih=685). The same theory will apply to other software packages if it's not Photoshop you're using.

Loup Garou
10th June 2012, 09:34 AM
That's neat, thanks. As for a steady camera, I just dug out my old Benbo Trekker tripod that I had not used for over 10 years but carefully packed away in the attic. Should be useful now.