PDA

View Full Version : Where to see and handle an OM-D

SteelD
9th June 2012, 08:33 AM
Before parting with a lot of money, I wouldn't mind seeing and handling an OM-D just to be sure that it's right for me.

Does anybody know of an outlet near Cambridge, UK that has a demo camera? If not, actual stock for sale.

Thanks

Loup Garou
9th June 2012, 08:51 AM
Have you tried Campkins? They used to be very good years ago but considering what is happening these days to retailers, I am not sure.

SteelD
9th June 2012, 09:02 AM
There's a thought. I had forgotten Campkins. My initial thoughts were Jessops and John Lewis neither of whom have any stock.

Loup Garou
9th June 2012, 12:45 PM
My initial thoughts were Jessops and John Lewis neither of whom have any stock.

The kind of staff that Jessops employ these days, I would not be surprised if some of them did not know or bother to check whether they had stock. Some of the staff in Jessops branch in Swindon are worse than the pits, more interested in fooling around than attend to customers.

Footloose1949
10th June 2012, 10:14 AM
I suspect most dealers are still trying to supply their back-orders, so maybe you might have a bit of a wait on your hands, unless you can pursuade a local dealer who has sold, or has a customer still waiting, if that customer will show their OM-D to you?

The Saint
10th June 2012, 10:34 AM
I believe there are now a few Black models in dealers. I'm sure Cameraworld had one (can't remember if it's was the London or Chelmsford branch I was in at the time).

The other option, is we arrange a group event somewhere in the area. I and number of members have the OM-D and I'm sure one of us would be more than happy to show/let you have a play with our pride and joy.

Simon