PDA

View Full Version : Focus on Imaging, Olympus and Jacobs

smartwombat
7th June 2012, 03:44 PM
Called Jacobs today and they confirmed the receivers are in.

At the Focus on Imaging show, on the Olympus stand they were handing out flyers for a special show deal, through either Jacobs or Cameraworld.

The accessories were:
HLD-6 grip
Li-Ion battery
Grip Strap
OM-D case (the ERC I think)

At the moment all I have is the HLD-6 because that I got from the Olympus website.

Does anyone else have the same problem as me?
Did you happen to walk past the Jacobs stand first, and not Cameraworld?
:(

Zanydave
7th June 2012, 10:10 PM
I contacted Jacobs yesterday. They are still waiting for the batteries but had the case & grip strap in stock. They agreed to post them to me at a cost of 4.99 postage & would contact me when the batteries were in stock.

smartwombat
7th June 2012, 11:28 PM
They are still waiting for the batteries but had the case & grip strap in stock. They agreed to post them to me at a cost of 4.99 postage & would contact me when the batteries were in stock.
Interesting, I did not get that response today.
Do you know who you talked to?

Ian
8th June 2012, 09:50 AM
Still waiting for some clarification on this from Olympus.

Ian

Zanydave
8th June 2012, 10:40 AM
It appears after re-contacting Jacobs. They were unable to ship the items & they have not taken payment of 4.99 postage.
I guess this is now up to Olympus.

smartwombat
8th June 2012, 04:58 PM
Thanks for taking it up with them, Ian.

It appears the administrators are preparing for non-delivery:

"Edward T Kerr and Jim Stewart-Koster of PKF (UK) LLP were appointed Joint Administrators of the Company on 1 June 2012. The affairs, business and remaining property of the Company are being managed by them. Partners and staff of PKF (UK) LLP acting as administrators contract without personal liability. In the event that an order cannot be fulfilled a full refund of any monies paid will be made."

They probably would argue if it was free from Olympus there is nothing to refund.

I doubt I would succeed in arguing that my order was not completely delivered and they should refund the cost of the case, hand strap, and battery - so I can purchase elsewhere.

Interesting they keep the website up and probably accept web orders.
How many people scroll down to the bottom of the page to read that small print ?

ashtonsd
8th June 2012, 05:53 PM
Thanks for taking it up with them, Ian.

It appears the administrators are preparing for non-delivery:

"Edward T Kerr and Jim Stewart-Koster of PKF (UK) LLP were appointed Joint Administrators of the Company on 1 June 2012. The affairs, business and remaining property of the Company are being managed by them. Partners and staff of PKF (UK) LLP acting as administrators contract without personal liability. In the event that an order cannot be fulfilled a full refund of any monies paid will be made."

They probably would argue if it was free from Olympus there is nothing to refund.

I doubt I would succeed in arguing that my order was not completely delivered and they should refund the cost of the case, hand strap, and battery - so I can purchase elsewhere.

Interesting they keep the website up and probably accept web orders.
How many people scroll down to the bottom of the page to read that small print ?

I'm not sure how much confidence we can have in the refund promise. I contacted them today with regard to my order for a BLN-1 which they have taken the money for. They replied:

"Dear Sir,

Thank you for contacting Jacobs Mail Order
There are no batteries in the country to supply and fulfill any orders already placed.
Yes the company is in administration but we cannot advise on delivery time scales.

If you wish for the order to be refunded you need to contact the credit card company/paypal
Also email to ceciljacobs@uk.pkf.com (ceciljacobs@uk.pkf.com)

Kind Regards

Vishal Dattani
Supervisor
Mail Order Dept
Cecil Jacobs Ltd"

So they are already sending me to my card company for my money......not good.

smartwombat
8th June 2012, 07:03 PM
Well the standard response (having been through a company going into administration) has to be to the administrators - PKF in this case.

However if your purchase is protected by your credit card company you will get it back quicker, and more of it too, than through the administrator which can take months.

Or in the case of a friend of mine trying to get his contracting invoice paid, years without payment. Strangely the fees of the administrator after 10 years seem to take all the money that gets recovered and he never got paid.