PDA

View Full Version : E-410 wins Bronze medal in RPS 151st International

Johnny Jetstream
13th June 2008, 09:27 PM
I don't get much time to post here but I thought it may be of interest that a picture taken with the tiny E-410 (last summer in the days when the E-3 was only a leaked PDF) made third place (Bronze medal) in this years RPS International Print Competition. First would have been better but if rumor is believed then this is the first time that a medal has someone from the Northern (UK) region has ever won a medal in 151 years!

Anyway I have put the image - The Captain - in a portfolio named "Archivisione" (the proposed title of the book) on my website http://www.johnnyjetstream.com. There are only two images in there because the rest are being worked on (basically I put stuff on early so that people can see the image).

The shot was taken with the E-410 and 35-100mm, f5.6 ISO 100

JJ

N.B. If you do have a look elsewhere, the "If I start one" portfolios contain essentially draft images for the purposes of the exhibition organisers - ie its not finished work!

DTD
13th June 2008, 10:57 PM
Well done. I remember your portfolio in the BJP.

Johnny Jetstream
14th June 2008, 10:32 AM
Thank you!
JJ

steverh
14th June 2008, 11:48 PM
There are some great images on your website - it's well worth a look.

Congratulations on the medal from the RPS International - quite an achievement! *chr

Haisbro
15th June 2008, 07:08 AM
Fire station engine bays and appliance doors and a BIG floor to clean on a Saturday morning. The memories came flooding back. I like you your work. Well done.

David

Johnny Jetstream
15th June 2008, 10:22 AM
I take it that you were a fireman then?

JJ

Haisbro
15th June 2008, 10:40 AM
I take it that you were a fireman then?

JJ

Yes, happy days. The worst was a 56 hr working week and a monthly 24 hour shift 9am Sunday to 9am Monday morning.:eek:

David