PDA

View Full Version : E-3 Printed Manual...?

theMusicMan
2nd December 2007, 06:08 AM
Well, I finally purchased my E-3 yesterday and so far am loving it. However, went to be last night hoping to have a read of the manual only to discover there's not a printed manual in the box...? Is this right..?

Should I have a printed manual included in my E-3 box...? If so, how do I get one...?

Also - I notice that the charger does not have a UK power lead, it's a European one? Surely this isn't right?

Melaka
2nd December 2007, 08:22 AM
Mine came with a manual and there was a UK plug as well as the continental one.

emirpprime
2nd December 2007, 08:36 AM
There is another thread about missing box items. Ian was saying PM him to hopefully get it sorted out. He hadn't mentioned UK power plugs, it was about manuals and training DVDs, probably the same problem though providing it was bought from somewhere reputable ;)
Phil

Invicta
2nd December 2007, 08:44 AM
The US Olympus web site has a PDF version of the manual you can download to get you going until you get your hard copy.

http://www.olympusamerica.com/files/E3_Instruction_Manual_EN.pdf

Ian
2nd December 2007, 11:40 AM
Well, I finally purchased my E-3 yesterday and so far am loving it. However, went to be last night hoping to have a read of the manual only to discover there's not a printed manual in the box...? Is this right..?

Should I have a printed manual included in my E-3 box...? If so, how do I get one...?

Also - I notice that the charger does not have a UK power lead, it's a European one? Surely this isn't right?

Where did you get your E-3 from, John?

Ian

DerekW
2nd December 2007, 11:48 AM
I also only received one power lead with a two pin plug in the box I bought from London Camera Exchange last Sunday.

Derek Wright

Ian
2nd December 2007, 12:05 PM
I also only received one power lead with a two pin plug in the box I bought from London Camera Exchange last Sunday.

Derek Wright

Thanks Derek - I will pass on details to Olympus first thing tomorrow.

Ian

theMusicMan
2nd December 2007, 05:22 PM
Where did you get your E-3 from, John?

Ian
From Cardiff Camera Center Ian.

Chillimonster
2nd December 2007, 06:27 PM
From Cardiff Camera Center Ian.

congrats matey!

Knew you'd drop for one before christmas :D

Did you go for body only of the 12-60 SWD kit?

theMusicMan
2nd December 2007, 08:40 PM
I went for the body only and will look to get some new glass from Ian soon. Already priced up his 70-300, that looks a beauty. I checked out the 18-180 in Jacobs cameras yesterday in Cardiff - but it isn't the prosumer level glass so I didn't take the plunge.

Is the 12-60 that much better than the 11-22 and 14-54 together...?

Chillimonster
2nd December 2007, 09:09 PM
I think so.... So much so that i sold my 11-22 and 14-54.

the focus is silent and instant, and its an "all-in-one" solution.

Dont need to worry if i can get wide enough or long enough, as you would with the 11-22 and 14-54.

Also lighter that the combined weight, and according to a lot of people, just as sharp.

theMusicMan
2nd December 2007, 09:10 PM
Hmmmmm.... now you (once again) have me thinking... :) you rascal you!!!

Chillimonster
2nd December 2007, 09:14 PM
:lol:

if i still had the 14-54, i would send you the 12-60 to have a play with..... just to convince you.

An anyway do you really think Heather will be happy with the kit lenses? ;)