PDA

View Full Version : HELP! How to refit lens

Henry
4th June 2012, 12:13 PM
Good afternoon,

Whilst cleaning the lens I inadvertently touched the (difficult to describe) lens in the roof of the camera as per the picture attached. It fell out with the two retaining metal clips. Can this be rectified and if so advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks,
Henry

P1040185.JPG

Nick Temple-Fry
4th June 2012, 12:39 PM
Does this thread help, http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20728

As your picture does not show up it's difficult to be sure.

Nick

Nick Temple-Fry
4th June 2012, 01:39 PM
Henry sent a pic via e-mail - looks like the same bit, I know some group members have done this repair, so if any one wanders along with practical experience perhaps they can help.

Nick

ringneck
4th June 2012, 04:09 PM
Hi henry...Nick linked to the problem I had last week....is this the same trouble you have.
If so no panic needed.....I found the video that's linked in my thread great as is shows what order to put things back.
I needed a good torch/light source to help me and a small pair on tweezers to insert the parts and move them around.
The top part is placed in the back and then you just gently push towards the back and the lug engages and it's as good as new.

My only glitch was the last part was bent (sse pic) but I had a spare.

Henry
5th June 2012, 07:53 AM
Greetings Keith,

Thanks for the great information but...

I am new to this so may appear pretty "thick" as I can't see the link to the video. Further help please. Many thanks, Kind regards, Henry.

Nick Temple-Fry
5th June 2012, 08:08 AM
Greetings Keith,

Thanks for the great information but...

I am new to this so may appear pretty "thick" as I can't see the link to the video. Further help please. Many thanks, Kind regards, Henry.

the link is in Andym's post - but for general convenience I include it here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=jmoirUGx4nM

Hope this helps

Nick

Henry
5th June 2012, 09:41 AM
Hi Nick,

Many thanks to you and all that got me this far. Job done and we are now operational again.
Excellent user group.
Kind regards,
Henry.