PDA

View Full Version : Genuine BLN-1

Stephen
29th May 2012, 02:43 PM
Hello All,
Anyone actually managed to secure a genuine BLN-1 as a spare/2nd battery, I ordered one from Olympus UK on the 10th May as the web site said "Available in 14 days" still not got it, web site now showing unavailable due to high demand, seems very poor from Olympus to be caught out this way, I would have imagined that 99% of OM-D purchasers would want a second or third battery, given that quite a few purchasers got a battery grip with their order!!!!, and if its Olympus UK, how come my order details are in French and the one email reply 5 days ago "promising soon" is in Froglish?

Bikie John
29th May 2012, 03:10 PM
I ordered one at the same time as the camera, pretty soon after the announcement. I've had the camera for a month but no sign of the battery yet. It makes me very nervous about going out and doing anything significant with it.

Ciao ... John

StephenL
29th May 2012, 03:13 PM
Yes, I got one some while ago from SRS. It took 10 days for it to come into stock, though.

The Technician
29th May 2012, 03:33 PM
Jacobs seem to have some :) low stock for home del. only :rolleyes:

ashtonsd
29th May 2012, 03:46 PM
The website did indeed say limited stock for home delivery so I placed an order with Jacobs. 5 minutes later they phoned me back to say the battery is out of stock! The website now shows as 14-21 days so back to square one!

Ann1e
29th May 2012, 04:04 PM
Yes, I got one some while ago from SRS. It took 10 days for it to come into stock, though.

Mine took almost three weeks to come through via SRS but I forgot to include a spare with my original order and thought I would be able to pick one up when I collected the camera!

I have to say our week long trip to Lisbon with just the one battery was somewhat interrupted by my putting my original battery on charge at every opportunity! It wasn't the only camera I had taken with me but one of the major considerations in getting the OM-D was to be able to do an almost weightless city tour amongst other things. I tried everywhere to source one before I left to no avail but it did arrive within a day or so of our return.

C'est la vie! :)

Regards,
Ann1e

David Morison
29th May 2012, 07:17 PM
I think it is astonishing that:

1. Olympus didn't work on building up stocks of spares before launching a new camera.

2. The battery issued has such a limited capacity for use in a semi pro camera.

3. They still can't give any idea of when sufficient stocks will be available - have they commissioned any extras to be manufactured at all?

It seems that they were in such a hurry to boost the company image with a new Hi tech camera that any research into what the demand would be went out of the window, including the assumption that purchasers would need an extra battery to fit the grip!

Annoyed

David

DekHog
29th May 2012, 07:23 PM
Why not just buy the eBay items and save a small fortune plus get more batteries and a spare charger into the bargain? Plenty people on other forums have them now and they're giving good feedback about them.....

Stephen
29th May 2012, 07:52 PM
Just got email from Olympus UK cancelling my BLN-1 order and refunding payment, does not look good does it! so seeing Jacobs Digital have "Limited stock for home delivery" I've placed an order with them only to find on this forum that they don't have them either, order placed at 8.45pm this evening web site still says same!!!!!!!!!!, I love my OM-D but don't think Olympus could find their own backside with both hands and the light on

edmund473
29th May 2012, 08:05 PM
I have just received a email from olympus they have cancelled my order. stock problems. :(

snaarman
29th May 2012, 08:15 PM
Just had an email from SRS, they are shipping my genuine battery today. I ordered it about 3 weeks ago. They are appearing, but are clearly in short supply.

bredman
29th May 2012, 08:19 PM
My 3rd party batteries from Hong Kong took 2-3 wks to arrive. No complaints about them so far.

Stephen
29th May 2012, 08:21 PM
Did they offer you 10% off any purchase over fifty quid before the 15th June, yes I'll spend more money on a camera I can only use for an hour, what a load of crap, think this will be my last olly.

anroo
30th May 2012, 09:00 AM
Ordered mine from SRS the day I picked up the camera (1 May) and received it about a week later. From other replies seems like SRS may be the way to go.

maccabeej
30th May 2012, 11:51 AM
I got one fairly quickly from Park Cameras having ordered on return from Istanbul. Early May. I only had one day when it got a bit tight when on holiday.
Jim

steverh
30th May 2012, 01:59 PM
I also had a BLN-1 on order from the Olympus website and have received a refund.

I just tried ordering one from SRS, based on good experience with them in the past and comments from others here. They are out of stock :( but quoting delivery in about a week :). They don't charge credit cards until orders are ready for despatch.

StephenL
30th May 2012, 02:04 PM
Yes, SRS seem to be THE dealers for Olympus at the moment. That's not to say that others such as Park aren't, but SRS certainly seem to be have some clout with Olympus.

andym
30th May 2012, 02:45 PM
Got mine from SRS today,well it's at the local post office for pick up tomorrow.

The Saint
6th July 2012, 09:20 PM
Got an email today to say Cameraworld are sending me battery, strap and case from the focus on imagining deal today.

Simon