PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Remote for the EM-5?

CJJE
24th May 2012, 04:11 PM
I wanted a wireless remote shutter control for my EM-5 rather than the expensive Olympus wired RM-UC1, so ordered a JJC wireless remote from Amazon. But when it arrived today, I was disappointed to find that the transmitter was faulty. (The receiver will connect to the EM-5 and operate the shutter via its shutter release button, but the transmitter doesn't seem to be talking to the receiver - yes the batteries are inserted properly and I have set the DIP switches to the same channel!) I'm also not to impressed with the quality of the plastics, the exposed DIP switches and the types of batteries used.

Looking around again, I've found the Pixel Oppilas (again available via Amazon) which does the same job and seems to be better made. Has anyone any experience of this device?

Chris

CJJE
6th June 2012, 01:49 PM
After my previous post, I discovered that the Pixel Oppilas is also marketed by Hama as their DCCSystem. I've bought one of these and am extremely impressed with it. Although it's more expensive than the JJC device, it is much better made and uses common AAA batteries. It also works unlike the JJC one I bought and returned!

Chris