PDA

View Full Version : Food glorious food

shirley
9th June 2008, 05:57 PM
I have been playing with the selctive colouring idea again.
I have posted two versions of the same picture. What do people think?

http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/505/medium/Food-glorious-foodBW.jpg

http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/500/medium/Food-glorious-food_edited-2.jpg

JohnGG
9th June 2008, 10:28 PM
I'm not sure that this subject particularly suits the technique as the de-saturated area is mostly dark in tone and, for me, it sits heavily above the plate oppressing the colourful food. Perhaps you could lighten and reduce the contrast in that area to give the plate of food a greater emphasis and room to breathe.

I don't know if that makes any sense but that's my instinct on this one :confused: :)

Cheers,

JohnGG

Nick Temple-Fry
9th June 2008, 10:57 PM
Like JohnGG I don't think desaturation helps, especially as the already slightly muted colours of the background complement those of the vibrant food.

I do like the 'saturated' shot though, and it looks ready for the holiday supplement.

Nick

Malcolm Cousins
20th June 2008, 10:01 PM
Second one for me. Nice sharp image. Food looks good enought to eat. Which is how it should be.:)

Ian
21st June 2008, 07:58 AM
Just to set a cat among the pigeons - I like the desaturated version :)

Ian

yorky
21st June 2008, 02:13 PM
I think they are both brilliant.But the first one for me is the most striking.

Fluffy
21st June 2008, 02:26 PM
I also like the desaturated one better. It just has a pro feel to me. Not that the other is at all bad. Both are great. One quibble. The water at the top distracts me. It's a bit to sparkly or broken up. It takes my eye away the food at first.

Overall a definite A+.

Chrs, Stv

photonutter
21st June 2008, 04:00 PM
The second full colour shot gets my vote, the first prompts thoughts of colour addetives somehow?

Napper
23rd June 2008, 08:41 PM
Hi I like both of them but I prefer the first one. Just a passing thought should the light which is passing through the glass onto the plates be changed on the first image, as its colour and hue are the result of light passing through the "wine" onto the plate. Therefore as it passing through "water" should the colour not change. Just an observation of a minor detail but great work

shirley
23rd June 2008, 08:54 PM
mmm interesting. I didnt think of that.