PDA

View Full Version : An E-M5 video clip from last night

Ian
11th May 2012, 12:05 PM
Some of you might enjoy this clip taken last night on my way home from a press event at Northumberland Avenue (next to Trafalgar Square). It's the busking band, Street Cats, doing their stuff - they are very good! Unfortunately, it was very windy so the mic (I was using the EMA-1 stereo microphone connected to the E-M5's accessory port) suffers from wind noise on and off - sorry about that! It was also very dark - I took some stills with settings around f/4.5 and 1/13th second at ISO 6400. Here is one clip edited and converted in Premiere Pro 6.0 and uploaded to Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fho13pyHA2Y

I hope we might bump into them again tonight! :D

Ian

Ross the fiddler
11th May 2012, 01:29 PM
Thanks for showing. A well known single when I was younger. I wonder how the inbuilt mics would have performed in that breeze by comparison?

*chr

Graham_of_Rainham
11th May 2012, 01:34 PM
Cat fur is said to be good for microphone windshields...

Now I wonder where you could get some of that :eek:

Ross the fiddler
11th May 2012, 01:49 PM
Cat fur is said to be good for microphone windshields...

Now I wonder where you could get some of that :eek:

Any annoying visiting cat would do, wouldn't it? :rolleyes: I used to have a lovely big cat skin covering my violin in its case & a sticker which said, "the only good cat is a flat cat", but occasionally a cat lover didn't see the funny side of that. ;) It was actually a feral cat caught in a wildlife sanctury.

Phill D
11th May 2012, 06:53 PM
Wow they are really brilliant I love that song. Shame about the wind noise but the video was pretty good for night time. Hope you bump into them again tonight. Must look to see if they have any downloads.

Ross the fiddler
12th May 2012, 01:34 AM
Wow they are really brilliant I love that song. Shame about the wind noise but the video was pretty good for night time. Hope you bump into them again tonight. Must look to see if they have any downloads.

Yes, I agree but I had to consult my children to know the name of the song (I was brought up on classical) but it was one of the great 'hit' songs back when. Would I be right in saying it is Sultans of Swing by Dire Straits?

Phill D
12th May 2012, 06:41 AM
Yes quite correct Ross. Mark Knopfler is a pretty mean guitarist and that guy in the street did a pretty impressive cover imho.

jamsa
12th May 2012, 12:53 PM
I made my own wind jammer for my hybrid JVC cam...works brill and cost the small fortune of 2 !! A really fluffy cloth stuck over the mic will help a wee bit I am sure.....like the buskers skills lots too!