PDA

View Full Version : ebay product photography

broadway
9th May 2012, 10:00 AM
After a year or more of messing about with this it's time I made my life simpler. I think a small home studio set-up would make it much easier to get consistent results. I will be using a Panasonic G1 mounted on a tripod in a spare bedroom, The first stage was getting an eye-fi card at Christmas to make it easier to transfer the images to the pc. Instead of the onboard flash I mostly use daylight from a window with a white sheet to bounce light back onto the subject. It works after a fashion, but is a pain checking white balance and dealing with the variable light quality.

After spending much too much time trying to fathom the ins and out of the subject I now trying to work out what is the best way to simply and quickly produce more consistent results. To start with a couple of lights sources would seem to be all I would need and maybe a couple of stands. However Iím having difficulty deciding what type to get flash, continuous or studio flash. I suspect the cheapest solution (ignoring 2nd hand manual flash) would be a couple of manual flashes eg 2 Yongnua 460/560II (apart from an ebay specials) and would probably manage the majority of items.

Thanks

Any pointers or your experience would be helpful.

Robusto
9th May 2012, 10:29 AM
Hi My wife works for a company who do studio work she has a portable studio she takes from job to job and the flashes she uses are Bowens 3600
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bowens-Esprit-Gemini-GM500-Flash-Head-BW3610-Free-UK-Postage-/280875829460?pt=UK_Photography_Flash_Heads&hash=item41658108d4#ht_9837wt_952

Very good job they do

broadway
10th May 2012, 09:51 AM
I'll have a look at those, probably a bit more than I intended to spend. Using flash the minimum spend is £100 + stands etc, minimum for studio flash £300ish. Just a bit worried about explaining how buying all this stuffs helps in clearing out :)