PDA

View Full Version : EM-5 second thoughts

JonSchick
7th May 2012, 05:35 PM
Didn't jump after seeing the EM-5 at Focus - wasn't entirely sure about the handling and didn't want to use it with grip permanently attached.

But......

Went to London today and had a good long play with two of them (Selfridges and Camera World!). Have to say I'm warming to it! The build is wonderful, twin dial operation great and handling better than I remember first time around. You could get used to it.....

Still find the EVF a bit laggy (or rather the eye sensor) compared to the GH-2, but perhaps that is adjustable? Other than that, IBIS and weather resistance make me wonder if it could replace both the GH-2 and my E-1 (gulp!).

I'm enjoying reading the posts here but I have a feeling I know where they will end up leading ..... :)

Cheers,

Jon

Bill Gordon
8th May 2012, 12:04 AM
Didn't jump after seeing the EM-5 at Focus - wasn't entirely sure about the handling and didn't want to use it with grip permanently attached.

But......

Went to London today and had a good long play with two of them (Selfridges and Camera World!). Have to say I'm warming to it! The build is wonderful, twin dial operation great and handling better than I remember first time around. You could get used to it.....

Still find the EVF a bit laggy (or rather the eye sensor) compared to the GH-2, but perhaps that is adjustable? Other than that, IBIS and weather resistance make me wonder if it could replace both the GH-2 and my E-1 (gulp!).

I'm enjoying reading the posts here but I have a feeling I know where they will end up leading ..... :)

Cheers,

Jon

Jon..you should talk to Jono Slack....he has it, the M9 and the Nex 7 and at his last post he is leaning towards the OMD as perhaps better than the Nx!!

Bill Gordon
8th May 2012, 12:07 AM
Jon..you should talk to Jono Slack....he has it, the M9 and the Nex 7 and at his last post he is leaning towards the OMD as perhaps better than the Nx!!

here is his post.http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/4-3rds-cameras/37062-omd-vs-nex7-resolution-discuss.html