PDA

View Full Version : ICC Profile

Westy
1st December 2007, 06:20 PM
Do E3 Jpgs contain an ICC profile ?

Ian
1st December 2007, 06:42 PM
Do E3 Jpgs contain an ICC profile ?

No. A profile is hardware-related and specific. So you would create a profile for your printer, screen, scanner, even your camera, if you really wanted to.

A profile is designed to ensure that the hardware which must render the data in an image file does so correctly.

Maybe you mean 'colour space'? JPEG images can be colour managed with colour spaces. A colour space determines a range of hues that can be represented in that image. sRGB and Adobe RGB (aka Adobe 1998) are commonly used colour spaces and most DSLRs let you record images in one or the other.

Colour space matching is important - if you render an image which is mapped for one space in a display environment mapped to a different space, the mis-match will cause the colour to be subtly wrong.

Ian

Westy
1st December 2007, 06:52 PM
Thanks for the reply Ian,its just that Paint shop pro Xl that I have wont show the thumbnails in the organiser. But has no problem viewing the images as a slideshow?
Also does the E3 raw data contain Jpg thumbnail data?

Ian
1st December 2007, 07:10 PM
Thanks for the reply Ian,its just that Paint shop pro Xl that I have wont show the thumbnails in the organiser. But has no problem viewing the images as a slideshow?
Also does the E3 raw data contain Jpg thumbnail data?

I don't actually know if a JPEG thumbnail is embedded in ORFs - my inclination is to think not.

PSP should be able to thumnbnail E-Systems JPEGs though.

Ian

shenstone
1st December 2007, 08:26 PM
I don't actually know if a JPEG thumbnail is embedded in ORFs - my inclination is to think not.

Not the E3, but Faststone processes the E500 and E510 ORF files quite happily with the setting to use embedded jpg selected so I suggesst that there is one in there. It also shows EXIF data for those files quite happily

Regards
Andy