PDA

View Full Version : Scruffy girl

Malcolm Cousins
6th June 2008, 10:18 PM
This is Connie. She always looks like this.:)

JohnGG
6th June 2008, 10:33 PM
I really like this shot. Good framing, composition and focus but what makes it great is the expression and the character that comes through :)

Cheers,

JohnGG

Zuiko
6th June 2008, 10:56 PM
An adorable picture that seems to perfectly capture the personality of this charming little urchin!

John

Nick Temple-Fry
7th June 2008, 12:52 AM
Keep it - show it to her first serious boyfriend, Have it framed for the granchildren.

I like the offcentre presentation - gives her space.

Nick

angelpaaul
7th June 2008, 05:43 AM
I love it, I think it's a very good shot. As Nick says, keep it to show future boy friends. :D

Regards - Paul

OlyPaul
7th June 2008, 06:31 AM
Great shot that I bet has captured her character down to a T.:)

shirley
7th June 2008, 06:38 AM
Delightful shot. I like the look of trust, mixed with a little defiance perhaps? I can see the rapport between the two of you.

E-P1 fan
7th June 2008, 07:03 AM
What a cracking steal of a shot. You'll win a few comps with that one - money in the bank IMHO

Jim Ford
7th June 2008, 04:42 PM
First class shot!

The only comment I'd make is that it looks a bit over saturated (on my calibrated monitor).

Jim

Malcolm Cousins
7th June 2008, 10:38 PM
Your calibrated monitor is quite right Jim. It is oversaturated and that was my intention with this particular shot. Modern portraits do seem to be heading in this direction. I just do what the mothers want me to do. After all they are the ones who pay. Cheers:):)

Jim Ford
8th June 2008, 09:08 AM
I just do what the mothers want me to do.

So you'd prostitute your art for the sake of a doting mother?

(Still, if it pays for more gear ....!)
;^)

Jim

ASH
8th June 2008, 10:50 AM
Beautiful portrait, lovely skin tones. If I can be really picky, it would improve with a little highlight in the eye, either with a light or added afterwards.
Gorgeous shot, though.
Andrew