PDA

View Full Version : Another of Corie Lagan (latge image)

Steve Roughley
6th June 2008, 04:28 PM
I stitched another pano from Corie Lagan.
Im posting this to give people a scense or scale of the location. the second photo is a crop at 100% of the original. You can just make out a person in blue.

It is one amazing location, the main reason for my going to it was we climbed the Inaccessible Pinnacle some years ago(Its off to the upper left in the photo) and came down the scree slope on the left. If was going dark when we got to the lochain and I could not take photos. I wanted to go back ever since.

Sorry the image is so large.

Steve

http://www.steveroughleyphotography.com/Corie%20Lagan%20copy.jpg

http://www.steveroughleyphotography.com/Corie%20Lagan%20copy1.jpg

Steve Roughley
6th June 2008, 04:29 PM
Oops sorry that should say large image.

gno
6th June 2008, 05:19 PM
Steve,

You're going to have to supply wide screen monitors if you're going to post panoramic pictures its 4 feet wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide.
I had to make it smaller so I could see it on one screen without scrolling.
It was worth the effort though, but it really needs to be seen at full size.
The colours look better in this one if a little dark to the sides.

Regards

Gavin

HughofBardfield
6th June 2008, 05:27 PM
Excellent shot.

Took me a while to work out where the crop was from!

I like the darkness at the sides - it pulls you into the centre.

angelpaaul
6th June 2008, 05:50 PM
Gorgeous picture, Steve. I want to know what's to the extreme right. Any shots of that?

Regards - Paul

Steve Roughley
6th June 2008, 07:03 PM
Gorgeous picture, Steve. I want to know what's to the extreme right. Any shots of that?

Regards - Paul

Yes I do have one from slightly lower down that shows more of theview to the right. I will try and do that one next.

If you look at this photo you can see more people in it. There are some off to the right just behind the 2 nearest rocks. They were about to start a rock climb.

There are also a man stood to the left and behind the large rock on the left of the photo.

steve

Edit: I may try later today or maybe tomorrow. I seem to think that other pano has around 15 -20 images in it and it will take quite a lot of computer time on my old pc. 2* xp-m2500 overclocked to 2.5 gig( Yes I know its old, I will have to build a new one sometime but it does for now)

Steve Roughley
6th June 2008, 08:14 PM
Yes I do have one from slightly lower down that shows more of theview to the right. I will try and do that one next.

If you look at this photo you can see more people in it. There are some off to the right just behind the 2 nearest rocks. They were about to start a rock climb.

There are also a man stood to the left and behind the large rock on the left of the photo.

steve

Edit: I may try later today or maybe tomorrow. I seem to think that other pano has around 15 -20 images in it and it will take quite a lot of computer time on my old pc. 2* xp-m2500 overclocked to 2.5 gig( Yes I know its old, I will have to build a new one sometime but it does for now)

Ok I started processing the raw files. I may have a problem. theres going to be around 80 of them at 65mb each.
Because of the exposure differences of the dark mountains and the sky I set the camera to take 5 shots at different exposures to cover everything. I could not use nd grad filters as it would have made the mountains to dark.

I am going to try and input all these photos into autopano as it is suposed to have a hdr feature. I have tried this before with not to good results, however that was with less exposure cover. As I typed above my computer is not the quickest thing around and crashes now and again if it gets to hot.
Its currently upto no.57. Im using capture one 4 for the raw conversion.
I think I will have to leave autopano running tonight doing the stitch. If it works I will post the results here.
Just checked the output folder and its up to 3.6 GB

Catch you later....prob a lot later

Steve

Malcolm Cousins
6th June 2008, 09:53 PM
Splendid mountain scene. Lovely sky.:)

Steve Roughley
6th June 2008, 10:02 PM
Well sadly I have given up on this for now. there turned out to be 94 images in the pano.

When the preview came up in autopano the photo was upside down and rarther distorted. so I dont think I will render the image. I may have a go some other time. maybe in the future with another computer.

I will try another shot that will show the right hand side .
Steve