PDA

View Full Version : Windblown

Malcolm Cousins
5th June 2008, 10:50 PM
These are some young tees I found very close to the cliffs edge at Scarboro.

Nick Temple-Fry
5th June 2008, 11:13 PM
Welcome*chr

You've certainly started your 'career' in this group with a photo that demonstrates what the east coast is famous for - Strong winds.

Look forward to seeing many more.

Nick

Graham_of_Rainham
6th June 2008, 04:15 PM
Hi, welcome to the site.

As you have posted in this area you get to receive the comments from a whole range of people. Some will love your images others will hate them. but you will soon realise that there is a lot of "wisdom" to be tapped into that will help you to calibrate your thoughts with others.

So here goes.

1. The horizon needs to be absolutly horizontal (an easy fix)

2. Judges will often comment that there should be three subject items in the image. Try cropping or stretching to get three main subjects

3. The subjects are cut off at the top so it leaves us not knowing how tall these trees are.

4. Often a tall subject will work better in portrate format to give even more emphasis to the height

5. The clump of yellow headed flowers is in the middle of the frame. A step or two to the right would have placed them onto the left hand "third" and shown more of the waves in the middleground

6. Blue is one of the best "Regressive" colours so you can use it to give depth to your images.

7. Try different camera positions (get down in the weeds) to give impact to the foreground.

And last of all ignore all the rules and take pictures that you like. If others like them, that's the bonus. If it's not fun, it aint worth doing ;)

Hope to see more of your pictures soon.

Regards

Graham

Malcolm Cousins
6th June 2008, 10:09 PM
Thank you for that excellent advice Graham. Hopefully my next submission will have a little more thought to it.:)

shirley
6th June 2008, 10:20 PM
I really like it. It looks much better as a larger image. I like the colours and the unusual composition.

I wonder what it would look like cropped into a letterbox shape - might have a real abstact feel, might look really silly :D