PDA

View Full Version : Hi from East Yorkshire

Malcolm Cousins
5th June 2008, 10:38 PM
Hi all my name is Malcolm cousins and I am a new Olympus user. I got the 510 for pure convenience as it is small and light ( try lugging around a Canon5D with a hefty L lens) but did not realize what incredible images it was capable of. Have not given up on Canon but I am really into Olympus at this time. Hope to learn much more from you all.

Best regards
Mally Cousins:)

Fluffy
5th June 2008, 11:36 PM
Welcome, and glad you're here.

Hang around a bit and I suspect we can help cure you of Canonitis.

Chrs, Stv

Zuiko
6th June 2008, 12:51 AM
Hi all my name is Malcolm cousins and I am a new Olympus user. I got the 510 for pure convenience as it is small and light ( try lugging around a Canon5D with a hefty L lens) but did not realize what incredible images it was capable of. Have not given up on Canon but I am really into Olympus at this time. Hope to learn much more from you all.

Best regards
Mally Cousins:)

Hi Mally, an welcome. You might get a bit of ribbing about the Canon, but in truth they are good cameras and there's no need to give it up. You'll find a lot of outdoor, scenic and nature images on this site and we just happen to believe that the Oly E-System is best for this type of work, and pretty darn good at everything else as well!

It'll be interesting to hear your comparison with the Canon once you've got a bit more experience with the E510. Keep us posted!

Cheers,

John

Malcolm Cousins
6th June 2008, 11:30 PM
I have had my olympus for 2 months now John. I am finding that it is a very difficult camera to quantify. One thing I can say is that the experience of using it is far simpler and quicker than my Canons. Maybe it is the lightness of the system but the quality of images is up there with the best. There is a certain something about the " out of camera " images that I really like. On my Canons I shoot in RAW but Adobe rgb setting in jpg on my Oly gives me the kind of image I am looking for. Open them in lightroom and there is very little need to alter the settings ( apart from the usual tweaks ) so all in all it is a very positive experience for me. I am not a big chase the pixels fan as I believe it is the image and not the number of pixels that proves the worth of a photograph.:)

Ellie
14th June 2008, 10:40 PM
http://www.chins-n-quills.com/forums/images/smilies/hello3.gif Malcolm. I'm sure you and your E510 will have many happy hours together and you'll enjoy the lighter weight of the lenses too, compared to your other gear.