PDA

View Full Version : Another How-to

StephenL
25th April 2012, 10:23 AM
Whenever I use the touch-screen to alter the position of the focus point, as soon as I touch the screen it fires the shutter, no matter how gentle my touch (!). Is there a way of disabling touch-shutter whilst keeping touch function, much as there is on the GH2 and G3?

StephenL
25th April 2012, 10:44 AM
Found it! Page 27 of the manual. Fancy it being in the manual, of all places! Doh!

swing
25th April 2012, 10:48 AM
Page 27 of the manual; on the left hand side of the screen there's an icon (just up from the bottom row of icons) which allows you to cycle between three options:
- Touch screen operations disabled
- Tap to focus & release shutter
- Tap to focus, then use shutter button

(Later: Ah, I see you found it whilst I was typing this up)

snaarman
30th April 2012, 05:36 PM
How do I??

This is an AEL question. I assigned Auto Exposure Lock to Fn1 on the back (Dof preview to Fn2 up frone and ISO to the red button).

OK so far. Now on the E620 and the E-PL3 you could select AEL "memo" or not. So it would AEL as long as you pressed it, or it would "memo" the value and it remained locked until you pressed it again.

So far I have only been able to get the "memo" version - which is not my usual method - so it would be nice if it could be made temporary, as it were.

Actually that back f1 button is a bit difficult to get your thumb to, and difficult to keep it on there. Maybe the "memo" method might be a better choice anyway.:)

It's probably there in the menu system, but I've only been through it twice so a lot more learning to go...

Pete

StephenL
30th April 2012, 07:14 PM
Without going through the manual with a fine-toothed brush, I cannot recall seeing such a setting. I've a feeling that "memo" is the only option, but I may, as usual, be wrong.

BTW I note that DP Review are producing a set-up guide to the camera. A most unusual thing to do, and either says that they realise the manual is a load of horse, or there's been an unusually high level of interest in the camera. Or both.

DekHog
30th April 2012, 08:21 PM
Stephen, probably due to the fact that they realise it's one of most complicated, convoluted, contraptions out there...... help will be required by many, you and I included judging by the posts up to this point! :D

StephenL
1st May 2012, 07:26 AM
Stephen, probably due to the fact that they realise it's one of most complicated, convoluted, contraptions out there...... help will be required by many, you and I included judging by the posts up to this point! :D

It's good to have choices. The trouble is, for me, it's like being faced with an empty car park. Panic, confusion, indecision, terror! :eek:

drmarkf
1st May 2012, 06:24 PM
Yes, I've now reached the same sort of stage! It would probably be easier being right-eyed, but unfortunately my neural wiring doesn't go that way...

Anyway, I have at least got it to CF while holding F1, so I'm getting there. I think I'll get used to it quite quickly, but will have to put up with smudged glasses.

A real-life setup guide will be enormously useful for a camera with so many user modifiable options - there are some excellent ones for the Nikon cameras, and maybe this model will generate enough interest for people to do the necessary.