PDA

View Full Version : e3 & 11 - 22 Large Img

Steve Roughley
4th June 2008, 12:13 PM
Corie Lagan, Isle of Skye

http://www.steveroughleyphotography.com/Corie%20Lagan.jpg

The jpg compression seems to have saturated the colours on this one for some reason.

Steve

gno
4th June 2008, 05:41 PM
Its big though!
I thought it was missing due to the time to download the image.
Looking at in Photoshop the white balance in the jpg is a bit off, it can be lifted with mid tone and contrast but it then blows the sky a bit.
Still a very nice shot.

Steve Roughley
4th June 2008, 06:42 PM
Its big though!
I thought it was missing due to the time to download the image.
Looking at in Photoshop the white balance in the jpg is a bit off, it can be lifted with mid tone and contrast but it then blows the sky a bit.
Still a very nice shot.

I have several different exposures and slight position changes to go through yet I may get a good shot out of the location yet.

Thanks for your comments

Steve

shenstone
4th June 2008, 07:15 PM
Corie Lagan, Isle of Skye

The jpg compression seems to have saturated the colours on this one for some reason.

Steve

Wow ... This reminds me of a wonderful walk up there with not a single cloud in the sky and having to get water at the to because we'd drunk it all on the way up. It's a lovely place and well captured.

I'm not so sure about the oversaturation from memory the rock is very black and this comes out quite well I think if you lighten it much then you'll risk letting that just be a grey as well as potentially blowing out the sky

You are certainly showing that lens to good effect

Regards
Andy