PDA

View Full Version : e3 & 11 - 22

Steve Roughley
3rd June 2008, 11:13 PM
Just back from a trip to Scotland thought I would post this.
http://www.steveroughleyphotography.com/New%20web%20site/images/Glen%20etivenew1.jpg

several nd and nd grad filters on this to give the effect on the water and darken the sky.
What do you think is it to dark.

Steve

Fluffy
3rd June 2008, 11:17 PM
Not too dark at all. Just beautiful. The water is perfect. Wonderful shot.

Chrs, Stv

Snibbo
4th June 2008, 04:06 AM
...do you think is it too dark?

Steve

Personally, no. It's a wonderfully atmospheric shot. Evocative of brooding and changeable weather the highlands. I lived there for a few years in the early 1980's.

StephenL
4th June 2008, 06:53 AM
Not too dark at all - I really like this shot. I too lived in the Highlands for a couple of years and am amazed by the changing light. Well captured.

Garrie
4th June 2008, 10:36 AM
LOVE THIS SHOT!! Looks amazing :)

Graham_of_Rainham
4th June 2008, 11:55 AM
I have looked at this long and hard, returning to it several times and viewing it in various room lighting conditions and on a calibrated monitor instead of the laptop.

At first I thought the greens needed just a little lift, but a tilt to the monitor and move the head about and then I'm not so sure any more. So the bottom line is, as always, it's what you like your images to look like that matters most and if other like it that way then that's a bonus.

Brilliant composition and very "moody" lighting, which probably captures just what it was like.

Well done

Graham

shenstone
4th June 2008, 07:09 PM
Not too dark at all. Just beautiful. The water is perfect. Wonderful shot.

Chrs, Stv

Yup - agreed !

Regards
Andy