PDA

View Full Version : OM-D and Eye-Fi Card

broadway
17th April 2012, 12:02 PM
I'm thinking about a an OM-D and wondered if anyone has used them with an Eye-Fi card. It's main use is at home when I want to take stuff for ebay or just a few shots. When away on holidays I intend to use standard memory cards.

Currently I have a Panasonic G1 and have tried a Sandisk Eye-Fi and have had problems with it. The first card I had cause intermittent errors. Sometimes it locked up and the battery had to be removed as the on-off switch wouldn't work. It also gave memory card errors. Switching on and off helped but it was a pain. I have a replacement which seems to be better and with limited use hasn't locked up or given memory card errors, but did manage to lock up writing an image, but the on-off switch cleared it.

It would be good to know how these cards perform in the OM-D.

Ian
17th April 2012, 01:11 PM
The specifications for the E-M5 mention Eye-Fi compatibility, so there shouldn't be any problems.

Ian

StephenL
17th April 2012, 01:51 PM
Just looking on mine, there's setting in the menu for Eye-Fi, which is greyed out presumably because I don't have an eye-fi card installed.

broadway
18th April 2012, 07:51 AM
It was a recent birthday present and it has been very convenient when it works correctly. The Panasonic G1 is supposed to be compatible according to the Eye-Fi website, but I guess that is not 100% the case.

Ian
18th April 2012, 10:45 AM
Could the problem be with wifi setup? This is a huge subject for debate all by itself!

Ian

broadway
18th April 2012, 03:06 PM
Just looking on mine, there's setting in the menu for Eye-Fi, which is greyed out presumably because I don't have an eye-fi card installed.

Probably, I expect it allows the transmitter to be switched off to increase battery life.

broadway
18th April 2012, 03:30 PM
Could the problem be with wifi setup? This is a huge subject for debate all by itself!

Ian

It may be the wireless set-up I suppose, but all it asks you to do is select the network and eneter the password.I have checked the firmware and it is the latest.