PDA

View Full Version : OM-D E-M5 Delivery Date - Oh Dear!

Pages : [1] 2

DekHog
1st April 2012, 01:35 PM
Part of an email just received from Amazon below.....

We regret to inform you that the following items have been delayed as we are still awaiting stock from our suppliers :

"Olympus OM-D EM-5 Micro Four Thirds Interchangeable Lens Camera - Black (16.1MP, Live MOS, M.Zuiko 12-50mm Lens) 3.0 inch OLED"

Estimated arrival date: May 09 2012 - June 07 2012

:mad: :(

StephenL
1st April 2012, 03:11 PM
I did wonder about ordering from Amazon but instead pre-ordered from SRS, who are saying 3 weeks. We'll see!

DekHog
1st April 2012, 03:19 PM
Yeah, wouldn't think there will be much if anything in it no matter who it's coming from. Have just always always found Amazon so good with delivery, returns etc that they're hard to beat, and obviously carry a bit of clout with suppliers due to the sheer volume of goods they must ship......

art frames
1st April 2012, 03:48 PM
Derek

I had the same email - I feel it leaves you in a quandary. I find their automatic responses fairly unhelpful. I have had these sort of emails before and then received a despatching now email the day after (not on a camera) and some where the goods never ever came in to stock!.

I'd like to hear something from Olympus on where the stock is going. I hope they aren't ignoring Amazon!

Peter

StephenL
1st April 2012, 03:54 PM
Yeah, wouldn't think there will be much if anything in it no matter who it's coming from. Have just always always found Amazon so good with delivery, returns etc that they're hard to beat, and obviously carry a bit of clout with suppliers due to the sheer volume of goods they must ship......

Of course, Amazon is 4p cheaper, which must appeal to a Dundee-onian :eek:

brianvickers
1st April 2012, 04:05 PM
Jacobs have avoided any commitment to a date when I asked last week...just that we'll be in touch....

DekHog
1st April 2012, 04:53 PM
Of course, Amazon is 4p cheaper, which must appeal to a Dundee-onian :eek:

It was actually 1p, and I must admit that's what swung the deal their way... :rolleyes:

Peter - I know what you mean, it's just an automatically generated email and bears no real indication as to if and when it will show up with them.... the E-PL2 is still plugging away fine, but that fact doesn't ease the GAS in me! (where's that farting smiley when you need it most?) ;)

StephenL
1st April 2012, 05:40 PM
How early did you order? I wonder if it's just that their initial allocation has been capped? If I recall they did not list the camera as early as other retailers.

Chevvyf1
1st April 2012, 06:02 PM
I have not had an update from Park - but then I never received an invite to try the OM-D either :( But my order has been in since January !

StephenL
1st April 2012, 06:04 PM
I have not had an update from Park - but then I never received an invite to try the OM-D either :( But my order has been in since January !

Thought you said you'd cancelled your order? *chr

Chevvyf1
1st April 2012, 06:07 PM
Stephen, I decided to hold fire on my order ... maybe I shall buy :eek:

BTW love your little house on F...r :D

StephenL
1st April 2012, 06:39 PM
BTW love your little house on F...r :D

Thanks - that was at Ryedale Folk Museum near Pickering, North Yorkshire.

DekHog
1st April 2012, 06:50 PM
Stephen, it was only about 2-3 weeks ago I pre-ordered from Amazon.... a bit late to the party, so may have to suffer you guys having your grubby mitts on one a while before me.....

PeterBirder
1st April 2012, 07:14 PM

Chevvy I don't think anyone got an invite to the Park event, it was just listed on their website under "events. I missed this and only found out about it when IainMacD put a post on here. Of course the object of the event was to drum up more pre-orders rather than satisfy folk like us who can't wait to get our hands on one.:D:D
Interestingly, when I said to the Olympus rep yesterday that I had read on the internet that delivery was expected in the third week in April he sort of muttered " well the end of April or early March".
I suspect it all depends on when the "slow boat from China" arrives at the Port of Felixstowe. Perhaps some of us East Anglian members should get together and try to "liberate" a few OM-D's "when the boat comes in".*idea

Regards.

Chevvyf1
1st April 2012, 07:19 PM
Chevvy I don't think anyone got an invite to the Park event, it was just listed on their website ... "when the boat comes in".*idea

Regards.

Ahhh! Peter Thanks for this ... I have not looked at P www for agesssss ! I heard end April/May is delivery date :D but who really knows :eek:

Frank N Furter
1st April 2012, 08:37 PM
Part of an email just received from Amazon below.....

We regret to inform you that the following items have been delayed as we are still awaiting stock from our suppliers :

"Olympus OM-D EM-5 Micro Four Thirds Interchangeable Lens Camera - Black (16.1MP, Live MOS, M.Zuiko 12-50mm Lens) 3.0 inch OLED"

Estimated arrival date: May 09 2012 - June 07 2012

:mad: :(

The free grip offer only runs until 30th April... so a double whammy if it does indeed take that long to arrive!

DekHog
1st April 2012, 08:51 PM
The free grip offer only runs until 30th April... so a double whammy if it does indeed take that long to arrive!

They wouldn't do that.................. would they? :eek:

art frames
1st April 2012, 09:31 PM
They wouldn't do that.................. would they? :eek:

It made me check because I had the 31/5 date in mind but it says on the OMD promotion site.....

Terms and Conditions

1. The promotion instructions form part of the terms and conditions.

2. Offer starts 08/02/12. Offer ends 30/04/12.

3. Claims must be received by midnight 31/05/12.

4. Qualifying purchases must be made between 08/02/12 and 30/04/12.

Up until now I thought the Amazon approach of accepting my order and paying later was a good idea....

I would hope they would extend the time period.....

Bill Gordon
1st April 2012, 09:43 PM
I think that I posted elsewhere that I attended a demonstration of the OM D5 yesterday at a prominent camera store in Canada. There were two representatives there and they said that the availability here would be early April. Also, they emphasized that this is not an upgrade of the "PEN" but a continuation of the Olympus OM cameras from film to digital.I did fall in love with the OMD, It certainly feels like quality, has everything that the E-5 has plus!! smaller package lighter but complete with the grip and battery pack it is still too heavy for me and so I shall continue on with the Pen 3....

DekHog
2nd April 2012, 10:55 AM
Update from Amazon this morning - new date 23rd April. :D

StephenL
2nd April 2012, 11:28 AM

There's promising!

art frames
2nd April 2012, 11:29 AM

Mine updated to same date as yours. So I am trusting this email and forgetting the previous one! At this rate in a day or two the update might be even nicer!

Good luck (but me first please *yes )

Ragtime
3rd April 2012, 04:10 AM
Hi Guys, just joined.

I spoke to one of the best support techs I know at Olympus this morning, he told me they are starting shipping pre-orders in the USA on April 15th. I then contacted Amazon by phone and the rep told me they have no info from their supplier, except Amazon has now put back it's USA delivery to end of May, beginning of June. I then contacted Amazon by email & they responded with they had no shipping date info. Appears USA and Europe are getting screwed around with about the same delivery dates. Don't know what is going on, one of our best known camera retailers (one store) back East is now stating about 3 weeks for deliveries to start.
I always thought Amazon had some clout !!!!! Also appears staff at Amazon are getting mixed signals. I sent another email tonight to Amazon asking for a definitive answer. I ordered the Camera Lens & Grip and was previously informed I would have it before our vacation end of April. Guess not. It's way to late to cancel and re-order somewhere else, the pre-orders are huge everywhere here. Now wish I had gone direct to Olympus in the first place, what an idiot !!

StephenL
3rd April 2012, 07:52 AM
Hi Ragtime, and welcome.

Delivery dates seem to be all up in the air just now. The Far East already have their cameras. And I presume the US is like the UK, in that the delay getting the things through customs is a great imponderable! It can take anything from a few minutes to a month or so for consignments to be passed through UK customs. Which doesn't help when a company is trying to set delivery dates!

Bill Gordon
3rd April 2012, 02:12 PM
Hmmm.....the reps that I spoke to said that they have already sold out the first shipment by pre-orders.....does that give us a signal? It seems to me that this will become a very popular item.......

StephenL
3rd April 2012, 02:25 PM
Well, I know that mine was the first pre-order that my dealer had, so I'm hoping for a quick(ish) delivery later this month.

DekHog
3rd April 2012, 02:34 PM
I keep toying with the idea of cancelling the pre-order, sticking with the E-PL2, and putting the cash towards the (undoubtedly expensive) 75mm F1.8 when it arrives, then buying a used E-M5 later, or when the price drops..... then I remember that I'm saving £400 between the grip and the lens and it makes less sense to cancel as I'd wait a long time to get body/grip/lens combo at the price I'm getting it at now....

I need to remember to hide all future bank statements from my other half or I'll get lynched. Even worse is the fact I'm toying with getting the 9-18mm due to the current £160 cashback offer.... :eek:

snaarman
3rd April 2012, 02:51 PM
Well, I know that mine was the first pre-order that my dealer had, so I'm hoping for a quick(ish) delivery later this month.

I'm buying from the same guys as you, though I didn't order until the 16th last month.

I'll be a bit miffed if we miss the free grip deadline, as that was the deciding deal for me...

brianvickers
3rd April 2012, 02:59 PM
I don't expect the lateness of delivery to affect the pre-order deal...if it does then I might wait a wait a while too....I'm also looking at the 9-18 .....and the 12mm prime .............oh and the 45mm and now you mention it the 75 sounds good.

peak4
3rd April 2012, 04:08 PM
Even worse is the fact I'm toying with getting the 9-18mm due to the current £160 cashback offer.... :eek:

I think the cashback offer is only valid oif you buy a new Pen at the same time. See N0. 6 of the T&C

6. Cashback on lens/converter/accessory can only be claimed if the customer has bought an Olympus Pen mini E-PM1 or Olympus PEN Lite E-PL3 within the promotion period.

You had me going for a moment there :(

DekHog
3rd April 2012, 04:13 PM
I think the cashback offer is only valid oif you buy a new Pen at the same time. See N0. 6 of the T&C

6. Cashback on lens/converter/accessory can only be claimed if the customer has bought an Olympus Pen mini E-PM1 or Olympus PEN Lite E-PL3 within the promotion period.

You had me going for a moment there :(

Hmm, really? I'll pass and save myself a fair bit of cash in that case... thank goodness you told me as I can just imagine the head-pounding-on-wall I would have given myself had it bought it with no cashback.... *chr

brianvickers
3rd April 2012, 04:39 PM
There is an OM-D with 12-50 lens on ebay - top rated seller from Hong Kong with buy it now of £945!
thats £200 less than a pre-order ..........but no taxes/duties included.
just thought I'd share that with you.

StephenL
3rd April 2012, 04:58 PM
Yes, i saw that. As you say, that price is without tax etc, plus you can't qualify for the free grip. Makes you wonder if they've been putting in spurious pre-orders, or if it in fact exists yet.

Ragtime
8th April 2012, 06:21 PM
Here is another one on Ebay today.

And the rip-offs start, especially for US buyers.

Olympus OM-D E-M5 + M.ZUIKO ED 12-50mm f3.5-6.3 EZ Lens + FL-LM2 Flash Kit
Returns: Accepted within 7 days
Buy It Now
$1,735.00
Free Shipping Time left:11d 19h 12m

7 Available.

Tradetalk
8th April 2012, 06:26 PM
Hi

Had an email reply from SRS yesterday who say that their stock is due on April 17th and they will be allocating stock to pre-orders shortly.

Hopefully my February 6th order should be somewhere near the top!:)

Dave

drmarkf
9th April 2012, 05:58 PM
Hi
Hopefully my February 6th order should be somewhere near the top!:)

You're 2 days ahead of me... *zzz

Tradetalk
9th April 2012, 07:50 PM
You're 2 days ahead of me... *zzz

Hi Mark

Just checked again and my order was the 8th as well so should expect it around the same time as yourself.

Regards

Dave

drmarkf
9th April 2012, 08:05 PM
It'll be interesting to see how quickly the various suppliers get them out to us. We need a 'Got it!' thread.

StephenL
10th April 2012, 09:55 AM
Just spoken to SRS, who said that initial stocks were 3rd week in April, and that I was no.1 on the list so I will definitely (so they say) be getting one. Apparently though there's no prize for being in pole position.

snaarman
10th April 2012, 10:10 AM
Just spoken to SRS, who said that initial stocks were 3rd week in April, and that I was no.1 on the list so I will definitely (so they say) be getting one. Apparently though there's no prize for being in pole position.

What's the position with spare batteries? Have you asked SRS?

P

StephenL
10th April 2012, 10:18 AM
What's the position with spare batteries? Have you asked SRS?

P

The chap I spoke to was unaware that the batteries were different. Obviously they will be stocking them in due course, but he didn't know if they would have them in immediately.

David Morison
10th April 2012, 10:41 AM
I keep wondering how much use the battery grip will be initially as I have to fork out for an MMF-3 and look to whether I am going to have to save up for an MFT lens. Having to cough up another £120 for two extra BLN-1s to go in the grip will be a low priority, especially if they are hard to come by!

David

StephenL
10th April 2012, 10:47 AM
I keep wondering how much use the battery grip will be initially as I have to fork out for an MMF-3 and look to whether I am going to have to save up for an MFT lens. Having to cough up another £120 for two extra BLN-1s to go in the grip will be a low priority, especially if they are hard to come by!

David

Good news! You only have to fork out for one extra battery! The grip only takes one.

Chevvyf1
10th April 2012, 10:58 AM
Guys & Gals, I have decided NOT to take my OM-D - but I am not cancelling the order - I shall leave it on HOLD so if SOMEONE HERE wants one sooner than their place in a Queue - they can have mine :D

I am with Park and high up the list :D

As soon as they confirm estimated Stock date I shall post here :)

Ian
10th April 2012, 04:56 PM
E-M5s are apparently hitting stores imminently. I was told that some stores might even get first stocks today or tomorrow. But the pre-orders will take several batches to satisfy though.

Ian

drmarkf
10th April 2012, 07:26 PM
t I was no.1 on the list so I will definitely (so they say) be getting one.

What was the date of your order, Stephen?

StephenL
10th April 2012, 07:29 PM
What was the date of your order, Stephen?

8th Feb, at 09:05am.

drmarkf
11th April 2012, 07:16 AM
The race is on...

StephenL
11th April 2012, 07:27 AM
I wonder if there's a pecking order for dealers?

edmund473
11th April 2012, 08:47 AM
My imformation from Wex Photographic was First come first serve regards John.

StephenL
11th April 2012, 08:49 AM
My imformation from Wex Photographic was First come first serve regards John.

I meant which dealers get supplied first by Olympus :)

snaarman
11th April 2012, 08:55 AM
I meant which dealers get supplied first by Olympus :)

You know I am in the same queue as you .. and my record of choosing the right queue is pretty poor :)

P

StephenL
11th April 2012, 09:03 AM
You know I am in the same queue as you .. and my record of choosing the right queue is pretty poor :)

P

With me and you in it, we're scuppered! Pity Ann1e as well....

David Morison
11th April 2012, 09:10 AM
The longer mine takes the more time I have to save for any lenses. Although I may well sell a couple of FT lenses to fund I would like to see how MFT lenses perform in comparison to my FT ones before I part with them. So if it doesn't come until May then that's OK!

David

StephenL
11th April 2012, 09:11 AM
So if it doesn't come until May then that's OK!

David

Hush your mouth :D

Gwyver
11th April 2012, 02:59 PM
E-M5s are apparently hitting stores imminently. I was told that some stores might even get first stocks today or tomorrow. But the pre-orders will take several batches to satisfy though.

Ian

Ian,
That sounds very cheering :)
When I phoned WEX yesterday (10/4) they said they'd had no further update from Olympus UK since the original 'end April/start of May' statement and couldn't say how a first delivery in May would affect the free grip offer. (The only positive thing they said was that my early order was likely to be fulfilled from their initial allocation.) I was rather disappointed when that call finished :(

Doug H
11th April 2012, 06:13 PM
Just got an email from Park Cameras advising that they expect delivery of the first batch on Friday 20th and asking me to confirm my pre-order.
Not sure how I'll be able to wait that long though - lack of sleep might be a problem!

snaarman
11th April 2012, 06:25 PM
Last minute doubts: I ordered a body in black, but I just saw some reports of the black paint flaking on the corners on this first batch... and I've already scuffed the black paint on the E-PL3 revealing the silver stuff beneath. (Grr)

Should I switch to silver? All my lenses are black. Oh dear.

andym
11th April 2012, 06:29 PM
Well every thing is in place.I've got a nice new hi speed SD card, an MMF2 and a 14-150 on it's way from George Dorn.
All I need now is the camera:o:o:o

Not expecting to be in the first batch though.Come on SRS.

PeterBirder
11th April 2012, 07:03 PM
Spoke to Park Cameras today and they said they were getting their first batch "in the next few days". Even though I only pre-ordered on 22 March they said I could still possibly get one from the first batch. :) Obviously it all depends on how many people who pre-ordered fail to confirm their order.

Anyone besides ChevvyF1 want to cancel their order?:D

Regards.*chr

DekHog
11th April 2012, 07:26 PM
I think I made a mistake pre-ordering from Amazon - there's probably a list of 100's in front of me!

George Dorn
11th April 2012, 07:31 PM
Well every thing is in place.I've got a nice new hi speed SD card, an MMF2 and a 14-150 on it's way from George Dorn.
All I need now is the camera:o:o:o

Ahh.. penny's dropped! Hope you enjoy the combination *chr

The one I'm watching for is the M.Zuiko 60mm f/2.8 macro. If this is splashproof as well then Olympus will have an interesting niche market application for outdoors types. :cool:

StephenL
12th April 2012, 06:44 AM
Last minute doubts: I ordered a body in black, but I just saw some reports of the black paint flaking on the corners on this first batch... and I've already scuffed the black paint on the E-PL3 revealing the silver stuff beneath. (Grr)

I've only seen one report of paint flaking off, but it was posted several times in different places of the same forum!

Some people just seem to love stirring up FUD! :eek:

I told SRS that I preferred silver but would take any colour (almost!).

Now if the paint rubbed off down to brass, then I'd be taking sandpaper to mine straight away! :D

PS Pete - just buy a tin of Hammerite and a 1/2" brush in case!

DekHog
12th April 2012, 06:53 AM
PS Pete - just buy a tin of Hammerite and a 1/2" brush in case!

:D :D :D - Where's the ROFLMAO smiley when you need it most?

Olybirder
12th April 2012, 08:15 AM
Last minute doubts: I ordered a body in black, but I just saw some reports of the black paint flaking on the corners on this first batch...
I believe all black E-M5s now come with a free black felt tip marker pen. ;)

Ron

Barr1e
12th April 2012, 08:29 AM
I believe all black E-M5s now come with a free black felt tip marker pen. ;)

Ron

You won't spot it with this. *zzz :D
http://www.wildlifewatchingsupplies.co.uk/retail/acatalog/Camera___Lens_Covers.html

Regards. Barr1e

trailer
12th April 2012, 08:36 AM
Or a bit of dubbin.

Chevvyf1
12th April 2012, 08:50 AM
Or a bit of dubbin.

OOh! Thats VINGTAGE :D:D:D

PeterBirder
12th April 2012, 01:57 PM
YIPEE!
Got my e-mail from Park Cameras yesterday and will get my E-M5 when they arrive around the 20th.

One happy bunny.:D

zuiko-holic
12th April 2012, 03:11 PM
YIPEE!
Got my e-mail from Park Cameras yesterday and will get my E-M5 when they arrive around the 20th.

And one jealous rabbit over here!

Congrats!! *chr

trailer
12th April 2012, 03:55 PM
http://www.getolympus.com/OMD/

snaarman
12th April 2012, 04:19 PM
Just emailed SRS - judging by my order number, I'm in the second batch, a couple of weeks hence. I should be able to change to a silver body only kit by then.

:-)

But - a couple of weeks :-(

Pete

Bikie John
12th April 2012, 04:54 PM
Come on Pete, for those of us in the prime of life a couple of weeks is a mere drop in the ocean. Unless of course we don't last that long, in which case

a) We won't be in any position to care, and
b) We will make all the people behind us in the queue happy.

Ciao ... John

DekHog
12th April 2012, 05:31 PM
YIPEE!

Never liked you anyway TBH.....

:D

PeterBirder
12th April 2012, 05:52 PM
Never liked you anyway TBH.....

:D

That's what happens when you try to save 1p.:D

Seriously though, I hope yours comes through soon.*yes

Zuiko
12th April 2012, 07:25 PM
Perhaps we should have a race for the first person (apart from Ian of course) to post an E-M5 picture on the forum! :D

The Saint
12th April 2012, 07:37 PM
I'm really getting an itchy shutter finger, hoping I'll hear from Cameraworld by next Friday as off to the peaks next weekend which would be a great opportunity to give it a good workout.

Doubt I'll be the first person to post a pic though, unfortunately some of us still have to work to pay for their habit!

Simon

DekHog
12th April 2012, 08:14 PM
That's what happens when you try to save 1p.:D

Seriously though, I hope yours comes through soon.*yes

Ha, ha, thanks Peter - I'm actually glad there's not one decent camera shop near me, as the anticipation/money/GAS is burning a hole in my pocket, so I'd probably be running around with a Fuji X-Pro 1 had their been anything around apart from a tiny Jessops..... :D

Zuiko
12th April 2012, 09:38 PM
Doubt I'll be the first person to post a pic though, unfortunately some of us still have to work to pay for their habit!

Simon

Haha, maybe if I was still working I'd have one on order too! :D

StephenL
13th April 2012, 08:15 AM
Haha, maybe if I was still working I'd have one on order too! :D

You should have put an advanced order in early, then you could sell it to Pete for a small/large consideration :D

davidfarquhar
13th April 2012, 10:00 AM
Ha, ha, thanks Peter - I'm actually glad there's not one decent camera shop near me, as the anticipation/money/GAS is burning a hole in my pocket, so I'd probably be running around with a Fuji X-Pro 1 had their been anything around apart from a tiny Jessops..... :D

You could always buy some lenses for it... Panasonic have a cash back offer that I availed of last night, and this morning my new 20mm 1.7 arrived. No camera to put it on yet though, so I'm just going to look at for a while and marvel at how small it is :)

David Morison
13th April 2012, 10:51 AM
Managed to pickup a mint used 75-300mm for £475 and have ordered an MMF-3 to go with the EM-5, so ready to roll. Get ready to see one or two FT lenses for sale on here when I have assessed what works and what doesn't. Also there will be an E30 up for grabs as well. The E5 stays.

David

swing
13th April 2012, 11:06 AM
Panasonic have a cash back offer
Ooh, nice spot; it runs until the end of May (purchase by end of May, complete cashback form online by end of June). Although the Panasonic website does list all the available options here (http://www.lumixlifestyle.co.uk/cashback/lumix-g/) (click on T&Cs at bottom of the form), it only lists the lenses by product code, whereas this webpage (http://www.ukdigital.co.uk/panasonic-cashback-offers.htm) lists the exact models and the cashback value (most qualifying lenses are £50 except the 45mm, which is £25).

This, of course, is not helping to limit my spend as I "slowly" move into MFT after many years of Canon equipment... :)

DekHog
13th April 2012, 11:38 AM
You could always buy some lenses for it... Panasonic have a cash back offer that I availed of last night, and this morning my new 20mm 1.7 arrived. No camera to put it on yet though, so I'm just going to look at for a while and marvel at how small it is :)

Yeah, but think I have what I need (14, 20, 45), and will be getting the 12-50mm with the body - the only thing that would really interest me is the forthcoming 75mm F1.8 (please, Olympus, don't make it in silver only!). :)

StephenL
13th April 2012, 12:13 PM
A nice man from SRS just phoned. Asked me what colour camera I would like. So I'm getting silver body and black lens, and it should be with me on Monday! Yippee!!!!

brianvickers
13th April 2012, 12:41 PM
Lucky You!

still no contact from Jacobs....better take my phone off silent...

maccabeej
13th April 2012, 01:14 PM
Picking mine up on Sunday:D
Jim

DekHog
13th April 2012, 01:38 PM
*In the huff* :rolleyes:

The Saint
13th April 2012, 02:14 PM
Cameraworld still haven't got their supplies of OM-D's yet, should be next week. Asked them to put a 20mm f1.7 on the order as well as with £50 cashback it will make a nice companion for the OM-D.

Simon

StephenL
13th April 2012, 02:21 PM
It seems SRS have only got a tiny supply - they are expecting a larger shipment early next week.

StephenL
13th April 2012, 02:22 PM
*In the huff* :rolleyes:

I think I've been in that pub ....

Tradetalk
13th April 2012, 03:07 PM
Phone call from SRS this morning and it's been despatched for Monday delivery ............ and I'm away all next week from Sunday!!!!!:eek:

Dave

pault
13th April 2012, 04:11 PM
Me too, had phone call from SRS. Went and collected camera. Charging battery now.

Chevvyf1
13th April 2012, 04:17 PM
Me too, had phone call from SRS. Went and collected camera. Charging battery now.

Congratulation's *chr

Have great fun and looking forward to seeing the images :D

Greytop
13th April 2012, 05:49 PM
Well my new MMF-3 and the EP-11 extended eye cup (for the EM-5) turned up today from SRS.
Chris tells me he will be in contact next week regarding the body and hopefully the spare battery.
Exciting times :)

George Dorn
13th April 2012, 06:12 PM

Make sure you post a pic on the 'My first OM-D E-M5 photo' thread before Stephen does, :D

drmarkf
13th April 2012, 07:15 PM
A nice man from SRS just phoned. Asked me what colour camera I would like. So I'm getting silver body and black lens, and it should be with me on Monday! Yippee!!!!

You dirty, rotten swine!!!!

*clap

rr76
13th April 2012, 08:07 PM
Not wishing to seem desperate & needy with my first post here, but the guys who are receiving deliveries from SRS, can you tell me on what date you pre-ordered please ? I'm trying to work out how far down the food chain I am.

davidfarquhar
13th April 2012, 08:18 PM
I spoke to Warehouse Express tonight - still "we expect to receive them at the end of the month" :(

trailer
13th April 2012, 08:19 PM
Not wishing to seem desperate & needy with my first post here, but the guys who are receiving deliveries from SRS, can you tell me on what date you pre-ordered please ? I'm trying to work out how far down the food chain I am.

I'm desperate and needy and need to know also. Thanking you.

Tradetalk
13th April 2012, 09:36 PM

Hi

Ordered on Feb 8th.

Cheers

Dave

pault
13th April 2012, 09:55 PM
Hi, ordered mine 8th Feb

Ragtime
13th April 2012, 10:16 PM
Olympus OM-D delivery info. NOT.

I just got off a chat with Amazon USA.

First informed of the following.

Direct Quote : I apologize for the inconvenience. As some of the items were defective and damaged so we have returned the damaged and defective items back to the suppliers, don't worry as soon as the supplier will send the items we will ship it to your address. Unquote.

Me. I asked what happened to the undamaged items ?

Direct quote : They were already shipped out to other customers who had placed the order before you. Unquote.

Me. And when did you start shipping ?

Direct quote : I Am sorry for the above information I have recheck the details and found that we did not have this item in stock.
When an item is listed as "Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available," this means the item isn't ordered frequently. We can't predict exactly how long it'll take to obtain it or when we'll be able to ship it. If you place an order, we'll do our best to get the item for you, and we'll e-mail you as soon as we have more information from our suppliers. If it takes too long for us to find stock, you can cancel the order anytime before it enters the shipping process, and you won't be charged.

Me. Are you for real, I placed my order back in Feb for the Black OM-D, the 12-50mm Black Lens and the Grip, I also ordered the lens adaptor earlier this month. What is going on with Amazon, are you going to stock these items or not ?

Direct quote : Yes we will get the item in stock.

Me. When ? Please don't tell me you don't know.

Direct quote : I am sorry the information is not available with us you will receive the email confirmation as soon as we will have the item in stock.

Ended this madness call.

Then contacted my local dealer, they have no idea when they are coming in, as a matter of fact was told they will probably only get one kit, maybe two when they do finally arrive. Which is why I went to Amazon in the first place. Was also informed Olympus gives them no info, some stores will get a few right away, others will wait.

So I give up and will just wait, may have to buy another camera for the vacation. It does bother me a bit about the defective damaged items info.
I wonder if she was told to retract that bit of pesky info by a supervisor !!!!!!

rr76
13th April 2012, 10:31 PM
I ordered on the 8th also (but late in the evening I seem to remember) Hopefully SRS will get a few more kits early next week then, I must be near the top of the list. Peculiar how they offered a colour choice, a few buyers after yourselves may have had to accept their 2nd choice I guess.

davidfarquhar
14th April 2012, 09:04 PM
On the plus side... Apple and Adobe may have released Raw converters for the OM-D by the time we get them :) I know the jpeg engine is going to be great but I just prefer to have more control over my destiny

Ragtime
14th April 2012, 09:52 PM
My understanding from reading various comments on the net about the Olympus great jpegs and not to bother with RAW because a lot of owners can't seem to get their converted RAW images to look as good as their jpegs

I talked about this to the tech rep I know at Olympus. He told me that's because they are using other than Olympus software. He said if one uses the Olympus RAW converter, no problem. I have to state this guy is the most clued up tech rep I have ever talked to in over 50 years.
Shoot RAW & jpegs myself.

Purchased my first digital camera around 1990, it was a brand new Sony CD-1000. 2.1MP. Three & half inch CD Disc format, paid $1200. Looked more like a video camera, shot great jpegs and still have a framed bunch unfaded, & great color hanging on the walls 22 years later.

drmarkf
15th April 2012, 10:25 AM
Yes, unless I'm after rapid fire I always shoot raw + mid-grade jpeg. It lets you post things rapidly, but you do have the opportunity to make major, non-destructive corrections/tweaks as well.

I'd particularly highlight the accurate auto colour balance of Oly in-camera jpegs - I've also got a Nikon D300, which gives more dynamic range and frame rate, but under the same conditions it characteristically needs much more help with colour balance.

DekHog
15th April 2012, 10:51 AM
I never really get the 'JPEG colour' thing. As far as I can see, importing the (Olympus) RAW into LR gives exactly the same result, as near as damn it, as a natural JPEG once LR has done it's thing in the background..... if it doesn't give results you're happy with, make a preset and apply on import. Job done.

smartwombat
17th April 2012, 08:53 PM
I ordered at the Focus show from Jacobs, to get the special show deal including the extra battery.
Still no contact from them, but hoping it's before the end of the month.

Frank N Furter
17th April 2012, 09:05 PM
yes, I too ordered from Jacobs at Focus.... heard nothing from them except to confirm my pre-order a few weeks back.

Didn't ask at the time... but I'm presuming the Focus 'extras' (strap, battery and case) will ship along with the camera... wonder if the grip will come direct too..or if we will have to claim one online?

brianvickers
17th April 2012, 09:32 PM
Still nothing from Jacobs...except I'm No 161 on the list. I'm hoping the whole kit comes together....cant imagine why not.

brianvickers
17th April 2012, 09:38 PM
With regard to JPEG/RAW I always use RAW but its a bit crazy because if everything is set up properly the JPEGS are good out of the camera and there should be no problem. I guess I'm lazy and don't check the white balance setting knowing I can change it later. This raises three questions:-
- do I think I can do better by post processing using a commercial software application than rely on the camera manufacturer's firmware?
and
- if I was using film would I be buying film to my own preferred chemical recipe - or buy the off the shelf product?
- and would I send off my rolls of film for processing with instructions on chemicals to be used, temperature, timing and enlarger to be used etc?
because thats what I'd have to do to achieve the preferences available by editing a RAW file.
I don't think so...so why not accept the JPEGs out of the camera - and benefit from the millions of pounds investment made by the manufacturer of the camera.

Frank N Furter
18th April 2012, 08:43 AM
GUTTED... Middle of MAY!!

Dear Sir,

Thank you for visiting Jacobs Digital at Focus On Imaging 2012
We do have you down for a Olympus OM-D + 12-50mm Black kit.
As soon as stocks arrive we will contact you to process an order.
I have no confirmed delivery dates as yet but would expect around middle of May if not before.

Chevvyf1
18th April 2012, 09:02 AM
Frank and Brian,

I did offer my order on here - last week ! and only cancelled on Tuesday (yesterday with Park) who offered delivery today ... to someone else !:D

You could have had mine *yes

Pensionista
18th April 2012, 09:02 AM
Middle of May! I wonder if that is a 'safe' date and it will probably be bettered (which Amazon sometimes do), or is it just a guess?

I pre-ordered the kit from Jacobs, at Focus and I had to e-mail them twice before I received a response. I received a vague phone call that Olympus were allocating then in order and it could be 'weeks'. There was no mention of a queue number. I don't feel any better, but I'll just forget about it for a while. It's not as if I haven't already got perfectly good gear.

My mistake was assuming not many people would order in February when there was no opportunity to handle one and no proper evaluations. It seems I was wrong. Patience is a virtue (probably).

Frank N Furter
18th April 2012, 09:27 AM
To be fair, Jacobs have always been very helpful when I've contacted them. It looks like a supply issue.

They say they have only received 2 units so far from Olympus :eek:

You would have thought that as Olympus had partnered with them for pre-orders at Focus that they would give Jacobs a bit more info on delivery dates/quantities....but apparently not...

StephenL
18th April 2012, 10:07 AM
yes, I too ordered from Jacobs at Focus.... heard nothing from them except to confirm my pre-order a few weeks back.

Didn't ask at the time... but I'm presuming the Focus 'extras' (strap, battery and case) will ship along with the camera... wonder if the grip will come direct too..or if we will have to claim one online?

You will have to apply direct to Olympus for the grip. Make sure you register before the end of April. Where it asks for serial number, put "to be confirmed".

http://olympusomd.sales-promotions.com/

swing
18th April 2012, 10:16 AM
Make sure you register before the end of April.
Surely you've got until the end of May to register on that site?
Where it asks for serial number, put "to be confirmed".Is that enough for them to process the order, or did you still have to provide the serial before they confirmed they would ship out your grip?

Frank N Furter
18th April 2012, 10:25 AM
I've just registered for the grip (thanks StephenL)....The site states 30/4 as cut off for registering for the offer... you then have until the end of may to post/upload your receipt.

StephenL
18th April 2012, 10:26 AM
Surely you've got until the end of May to register on that site?
Is that enough for them to process the order, or did you still have to provide the serial before they confirmed they would ship out your grip?

They never asked for my serial number - however, it's on the sales receipt from SRS which I uploaded to them.

Pensionista
18th April 2012, 10:39 AM
That's funny. The guy on the Jacobs stand told me everything would come together (including all their extra items) and would be delivered to my local shop (an option I chose). I don't see how that works alongside separate registration by me for just the grip, on the Olympus site. Now I'm totally confused.

StephenL
18th April 2012, 10:52 AM
That's funny. The guy on the Jacobs stand told me everything would come together (including all their extra items) and would be delivered to my local shop (an option I chose). I don't see how that works alongside separate registration by me for just the grip, on the Olympus site. Now I'm totally confused.

Well, I don't know how Jacobs work, but if it were me I'd still register with Olympus for the grip, just in case. Just my 2p worth, which you may want to ignore. *shrug

I note that they said "all their extra items" which to me would suggest just the stuff that they are throwing in for free, not what Olympus are giving away.

Frank N Furter
18th April 2012, 11:15 AM
ok...mega confused now... with regards the free battery, strap, case and grip...Jacobs have today said...

The free goods are provided by Olympus once the claim form has been sent to them , this process
Can take several weeks to complete.

smartwombat
18th April 2012, 11:16 AM
Just called this morning.
I am 13 in the queue at Jacobs and they only had 2 delivered!
Maybe next week though they don't know.

smartwombat
18th April 2012, 11:18 AM
At the Focus on Imaging show there was a special offer from the Olympus stand.
Order from their partners at the show and you get extra accessories as well as the two grips.
That persuaded me to order on the spot, at the show instead of going to Park Cameras where I buy all my Canon pro gear.

Frank N Furter
18th April 2012, 11:47 AM
Ok..hopefully a definitive answer from Jacobs... who kindly just called me to clarify what is happening...

Once I receive my camera from Jacobs I need to complete the on-line claim form with Olympus for the free grip.... Olympus will know this is a Focus pre-order and also send out the additional items. Olympus will honour this pre-order offer even if delivery is after 30th April. The grip etc may take 4-5 weeks to arrive :(

Presumably they will be letting everyone know the procedure when they call to take payment.

Pensionista
18th April 2012, 11:53 AM
Thanks StevenL I'll try registering and hope it all knits together ok.
Olympus have obviously been severely unprepared for this situation. It's good that there is a large demand, but the experience for buyers is somewhat diluted.

Enjoy yours.

StephenL
18th April 2012, 11:57 AM
I think they've been taken unawares by the great reception the camera has been given in the press.

Pensionista
18th April 2012, 02:07 PM
Apologies to Stephen for spelling your name wrong.

I've registered now

Thanks Frank N Furter for the info. I would have missed that.

Bluegrass Jim
18th April 2012, 04:15 PM
I had a call from Park Cameras today to say their stock has been delayed for this weeks orders but I will be in the next lot when they get them. Some problem with Olympus Europe they told me. They have been good at keeping me informed at least especially now there are people posting photos with them!

PeterBirder
18th April 2012, 06:50 PM
I had a call from Park Cameras today to say their stock has been delayed for this weeks orders but I will be in the next lot when they get them. Some problem with Olympus Europe they told me. They have been good at keeping me informed at least especially now there are people posting photos with them!

Yes, I had a call from Park Cameras today as well, they are good at keeping their customers informed.I read a report last week that Olympus UK had received more pre-orders for the EM-5 than for any previous product launch. This camera has certainly got every one's attention which can only be good for the future of Olympus Camera Division.

Regards

The Technician
19th April 2012, 12:12 PM
Well I have done it ordered it today from Jacobs, :D had a moment in shop when the shop assistant said there was a long wait, then he looked at computer then went oh we have 2 in stock 1 in birmingham and another in ?? did not hear as I was picking myself off the floor :o he then looked at his back order book, suprise suprise !! there are some on back order at the shop so there was no 2 in stock :( so I am joining the club of expecting fathers/mothers waiting for the new baby to arrive ;) *chr

Frank N Furter
19th April 2012, 01:59 PM
Just had "THE" call from Jacobs...my E-M5 will be with me on Monday *clap

wrt the Focus extras... the grip still needs to be ordered from the Olympus site BUT the strap/battery/case will apparently come direct from Jacobs once they arrive with them...which could be a few weeks. Different to what they told me earlier in the week....but sounds like it will all turn up from somewhere sometime somehow...

anyway... only four more sleeps to Monday :D

StephenL
19th April 2012, 02:18 PM
Just had "THE" call from Jacobs...my E-M5 will be with me on Monday *

anyway... only four more sleeps to Monday :D

It'll be a loonngg weekend!

brianvickers
19th April 2012, 02:24 PM
Great Stephen, Hope mine comes soon....

Ian
19th April 2012, 02:47 PM
I have just received my third replacement E-M5 (another black one :)) after the last two were commandeered back by Olympus for demo duties. It's a brand new one and the battery is charging! No grip though! It's been almost two weeks since the previous one went back...

Ian

Pensionista
19th April 2012, 03:22 PM
Just had "THE" call from Jacobs...my E-M5 will be with me on Monday *clap:D

Me too. Out of the blue. It's just the actual camera at present. Learning curve ahead.

skids
19th April 2012, 03:33 PM
No update from Wex Photographic / Warehouse Express yet *sob

Internaut
19th April 2012, 04:36 PM
I'm waiting for it to appear on shelves in shops on the high street. I might have some money by then (my holiday was expensive :)).

Ulfric M Douglas
19th April 2012, 05:22 PM
I was in Currys/PCWorld today and there is absolutely no sign that Olympus has a new camera out ...

Ragtime
19th April 2012, 11:34 PM
They finally admit all black on back order. JUST GREAT !!!!!!!

Your Amazon.com Inquiry
Inbox
x

Amazon.com Customer Service cs-reply@amazon.com
2:19 PM (59 minutes ago)

to me
Hello,

I just wanted to send you a quick follow-up e-mail on our chat discussion regarding the order#xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I've issued you a $10 promotional certificate, which you can use the next time you order an item sold by Amazon.com.

Promotional certificates don't apply to items offered by other sellers on our website and won't cover the shipping costs of an order. When using a promotional certificate to buy eligible Kindle content or other digital products, the promotional funds will apply to your order automatically before another payment method is charged.

You'll see your available promotional balance at checkout when placing your order through the Shopping Cart--this amount will be applied to your next qualifying order automatically without entering a claim code. Your promotional balance doesn't appear in Your Account but will always display when you place an order. For more information about using your promotional certificate, including the terms and conditions for using the certificate, visit our Help pages:

Amazon.com Help: Promotional Certificates

I've checked your order and can confirm Olympus HLD-6 Battery Holder and Olympus OM-D E-M5 16 MP Live MOS Interchangeable Lens Camera with 3.0-Inch Tilting OLED Touchscreen and 12-50mm Lens (Black) is now back-ordered. I'm sorry about this delay--we certainly didn't expect this would happen.

I want to make sure your order gets to you faster once we have stock. To help make up for the delay, our other representative upgraded shipping method to One-Day Shipping at no extra charge.

Although the shipping method is faster, it'll still take some time to get the items. As soon as we receive more stock, we'll ship your order and send you an e-mail to let you know.

If you'd rather cancel your order, I understand. To cancel your order, go to the URL below and click the "Need to cancel an item?" button:

art frames
20th April 2012, 10:36 AM
Amazon in the UK are still being useless. Today they say:

Olympus has informed us that the launch of this item in silver has been delayed until May 25, 2012, however, this item will be available in black from May 2, 2012.

If you wish to order the black version instead, please cancel your current order through the "Your Account" link in the top right-hand corner of our home page. You can then re-order the applicable item in black by following one of the below links.

Please note that ordering this item in black will not affect your eligibility for the below promotion:

I rang to point out that they are in short supply but definitely launched in silver so their email is factually incorrect. The only factual information they had was that they have 37 orders (but their system doesn't identify all of the order dates - it dispatches stock in date order priority). I couldn't speak to the buyer!

I ordered from them because I buy a lot from them and considered them to be pretty good. But this is denting that belief. This is now the third date, and I am not sure they have any more idea of when it will really be. As to changing at this stage. If I did it would be to a shop.

Peter
a bit grumpy!

StephenL
20th April 2012, 10:48 AM
Amazon are pretty good when items are current, production, stock items. But they fall down on anything which needs pre-ordering (except books, videos and CDs).

They are not a camera dealers, just a general store. And their relationship with suppliers is just that - to them it's just an item number with no idea what the content is.

art frames
20th April 2012, 11:03 AM
They are not a camera dealer.

Stephen,

To me that is a positive thing. I have very poor experience of camera dealers - and I know there are exceptions! But I have had bad experiences from a number that people will rave about before people leap to their defence.

I cannot disagree with the negatives towards Amazon though and I usually wouldn't pre-order - I think Olympus has created a problem with this deal that adds greatly to what you say about their competences.

If I get too fed up I'll just cancel it all.

Peter

swing
20th April 2012, 12:07 PM
Olympus has informed us that the launch of this item in silver has been delayed until May 25, 2012, however, this item will be available in black from May 2, 2012.
I'm seeing a few sources around the world talking about delays to the Silver version, though whether that's actual delays, or simply so many pre-orders that Olympus can't produce enough I don't know...

Please note that ordering this item in black will not affect your eligibility for the below promotion:It is good that Amazon are saying a new order for the Black version made today is still eligible for the free grip. It's also interesting that an order today will be shipped roughly around 2nd May, implying that all Amazon Black cameras already pre-ordered should have been despatched by then (here's hoping!)

The Saint
20th April 2012, 01:03 PM
Just been into Cameraworld this morning (to pick up my 20mm f1.7) and questioned when my Pre-ordered OM-D will available as Jacobb customer who ordered at Focus where informed their where being dispatched.

Cameraworld responds, hopefully, touchwood in a couple of weeks.

Simon

DekHog
20th April 2012, 04:53 PM
I'm actually on the fence now about the pre-order; not sure if I should cancel or not. I've just bought a Canon S90 and GF3 + 14mm for family members, and there's a couple of lenses I would really like to complete my line up.

I'd like the built in EVF, flip screen and quicker focus, but £1300 seems like an awful lot to pay to get them, and I've rekindled the love of my PL2 of late..... I would have been delighted had it arrived in the last week, but the delay has given me time to think it over logically. I'm sure this has cost Olympus a lot of preorders..... :confused:

StephenL
20th April 2012, 04:58 PM
I understand your angst. Throughout the long wait I kept looking at other cameras, thinking of changing my mind. Now I have the Silver Dream Machine in my hands I'm glad I waited. You could always go body-only?

DekHog
20th April 2012, 05:09 PM
Thanks Stephen, it is a tough one. The lens is easily worth the extra £150 so I wouldn't not buy it as part of the package.

There are some very tempting cameras around at the moment, and if that X-Pro and 35mm had been in the same ballpark as the Oly I'm sure I'd have one by now as it would actually suit my style of shooting - being a canny Scot, I just can't justify the best part of 3k for the body and a couple of lenses.... there's also the 'Pro' body Panny are now promising, but nobody knows the spec or even the form factor of it yet.

It's decision time in the next week or two - OM-D or 9-18mm and 25mm F1.4.....

swing
20th April 2012, 07:52 PM
It is good that Amazon are saying a new order for the Black version made today is still eligible for the free grip. It's also interesting that an order today will be shipped roughly around 2nd May, implying that all Amazon Black cameras already pre-ordered should have been despatched by then (here's hoping!)
Was hoping too much; seems that Amazon pre-orders for the black are now expected to ship 2nd May (Amazon have recently sent out a new update via email)

trailer
21st April 2012, 05:02 PM
Has anyone had a delivery from SRS? I ordered on the 17th of February and my phone/e-mail has been silent so far.

StephenL
21st April 2012, 05:07 PM
Yep, that's where mine came from. I think they only got 3 or 4 in the first batch though. Mine was the first order they had - 8 Feb at 09:05. The early bird gets worms, or something like that. Have you tried asking when they expect their next batch? They won't bite!

Tradetalk
21st April 2012, 05:11 PM
Mine came last Monday; again ordered on the 8th at around 1.30pm.

Dave

trailer
21st April 2012, 05:13 PM
Thanks for the reply Stephen,

I did send them an e-mail on Thursday afternoon but I've had no reply back from them so far. I did add the 12-50mm to the original "body only" order a couple of weeks ago so that may slow things down even further!

David Morison
21st April 2012, 05:30 PM
I've emailed to ask and was told that some were due in shortly but from my order number I wouldn't get one until one or two lots down the line. I can live with that.

David

Greytop
21st April 2012, 05:34 PM
I ordered from SRS too, currently awaiting some feedback on delivery from Chris.
I'm happy to wait, I've got too many Oly cameras anyway :D

trailer
21st April 2012, 05:37 PM
Thanks guys.

Just making sure that I hadn't been forgotten :p

Mrs T
21st April 2012, 06:27 PM
Hi,

My husband had a phone call from SRS on Friday, ours are going in the post on Monday. Ordered on the evening of the launch day. They were responding to his e-mails prior to the phone call.

Amanda

StephenL
21st April 2012, 07:15 PM
Hi,

My husband had a phone call from SRS on Friday, ours are going in the post on Monday. Ordered on the evening of the launch day. They were responding to his e-mails prior to the phone call.

Amanda

Are you buying in bulk, Amanda? :D

Mrs T
22nd April 2012, 10:27 AM
Are you buying in bulk, Amanda? :D

Haha!

No discount though! And two cameras are cheaper than an divorce over camera envy!!!! :)

Funny thing is on Friday I read the black was in short supply so thought hubby was going to be disappointed, he'd read the silver was in short supply and thought I was going to be disappointed!

Can't wait to get my hands on it!

Amanda

stevehuntphoto
22nd April 2012, 04:30 PM
I am in the UK and took delivery of my new OM-D E-M5 yesterday from London Camera Exchange, Norwich , tonight it gets its first proper runout, then its to the Norfolk coast before a pro gig shoot on Friday... On first inspection, I'm impressed. So many creative options on offer as well as the usual refinements. Just sent off for the grip which was a bit of a faff. Anyone else got theirs yet?
PS...note to Olympus. £1149 and no lens hood? Come on!

StephenL
22nd April 2012, 05:03 PM
Regarding the grip, in the confirmation email they said "within 28 days". So over 3 weeks yet.

Frank N Furter
23rd April 2012, 12:16 PM
Much excitement... my E-M5 HAS ARRIVED ... Thank you Jacobs.

Doug H
23rd April 2012, 01:17 PM
Mine too. Postman actually surprised me as I hadn't been expecting the camera without receiving another call from Parks, but Thank you, Parks.
Am very pleased with the feel as I had ordered without handling...now just waiting on the battery to charge.

StephenL
23rd April 2012, 02:55 PM
Great stuff - now get to grips with the configuration!

trailer
23rd April 2012, 04:14 PM
Just a quick update: I received a reply from SRS today to be told that they are hopefully expecting a large shipment soon from Olympus and they'll be in touch later this week.

drmarkf
23rd April 2012, 08:05 PM
SRS called me on Friday to collect payment and it's due to be delivered tomorrow. They apparently only had body + lens kits available, but were happy to split one and send me just the body.

I'm just about to head off on a business trip to Italy, and I'm going to be sensible and only take the E-PL2 *ohwell

I'll probably take the on-disk manual, though...

davidfarquhar
23rd April 2012, 08:05 PM
Warehouse Express said they only had 3 or 4 so far, more due early next week so I should get mine then :)

brianvickers
24th April 2012, 07:20 AM
I cant take the excitement much longer....Jacobs say they will get back to me....I still don't know how long mine will be; I'm number 161 on the Focus on Imaging pre-order list. Going to Dubai on Saturday for a weeks work it would be so good if it arrived on time!

Kiwi Paul
24th April 2012, 08:36 AM
Where's the fun in being sensible, go on take the OM-D :):p

Paul

swing
24th April 2012, 09:08 AM
I received a reply from SRS today to be told that they are hopefully expecting a large shipment soon from Olympus
This would seem to be in line with the statements from WEX and Amazon.

I also read elsewhere (I'm new to Olympus, but it may have been on the forums "that can't be mentioned", whichever forum that is!) that at least one person has had an email from Olympus stating the period to supply the serial number / proof of purchase for the free grip will be extended to the end of June; that's not necessarily concrete proof, but it seems a likely outcome given the shipment delays on both colours.

PeteBoo
24th April 2012, 09:22 AM
Mine from SRS was despatched yesterday and I am told will be delivered today.*yes*yes*yes

snaarman
24th April 2012, 10:17 AM
Well, I must be getting near the front of the queue. I just emailed them (again) to see what the situation is.

Has anyone bought spare batteries BTW? Are they available. It seems that stuff advertised on the SRS site may not actually be in stock .. (Generally I have found them to be good guys)

Pete

StephenL
24th April 2012, 10:23 AM
Funnily enough I've just placed an order from them for a battery. I couldn't find them listed cheaper anywhere, and 3rd party ones aren't available yet. I didn't phone them, just placed the order online, which was accepted. I daresay they'll email me if they are out of stock.

But at a 3 hour recharge time, adding in the fact that the battery isn't conditioned yet and I'm spending a lot of time going through the menus trying to understand the instructions, I need 2 batteries!

snaarman
24th April 2012, 10:27 AM
Funnily enough I've just placed an order from them for a battery. I couldn't find them listed cheaper anywhere, and 3rd party ones aren't available yet. I didn't phone them, just placed the order online, which was accepted. I daresay they'll email me if they are out of stock.

But at a 3 hour recharge time, adding in the fact that the battery isn't conditioned yet and I'm spending a lot of time going through the menus trying to understand the instructions, I need 2 batteries!

My thoughts exactly. I usually buy a 3rd party battery as a spare but as you say, they are not out there yet.

I was going to tack a battery onto my SRS order - but not if it's going to delay them shipping the camera :(

P

StephenL
24th April 2012, 01:08 PM
Just had an update from SRS re batteries. It seems they are expecting them in about a week.

steverh
24th April 2012, 01:19 PM
I ordered a silver / black OM-D kit from London Camera Exchange in Bristol on 29th March, delivery date unknown. To be honest I would have been happy with either colour.

They phoned this morning to tell me that they had just received an order from Olympus with a "spare" black kit and that I had first refusal :D

Went round there at lunchtime and the battery is now on charge...

edmund473
24th April 2012, 01:23 PM
Just got in touch with Mex They have not got a date from olympus yet.:(

snaarman
24th April 2012, 02:01 PM
Just had an update from SRS re batteries. It seems they are expecting them in about a week.

Hmm. That's interesting.

Apparently my OM-D is due in "about a week" and my 45mm f1.8 is also due in about a week...

StephenL
24th April 2012, 02:15 PM
Apparently my OM-D is due in "about a week" and my 45mm f1.8 is also due in about a week...

So, in "about a week", we can expect to see little trails of excitement all around Snaarman-land? :eek:

snaarman
24th April 2012, 02:28 PM
So, in "about a week", we can expect to see little trails of excitement all around Snaarman-land? :eek:

Trouble is, it's already "about a week" later than I thought it was going to arrive...

brianvickers
24th April 2012, 04:44 PM
Just had a call from Jacobs...mine is on its way tomorrow, I have to request the grip on-line when I receive the camera...and other free bits from the Focus on Imaging offer come automatically...wow!

Footloose1949
24th April 2012, 05:04 PM
Brian Vickers, what was your Jacobs pre-order no? Mine is 157, and I would have thought your number (and those of others who've received theirs) would be of great interest to those 'champing at the bit' for their OM-Ds!

brianvickers
24th April 2012, 05:26 PM
Mine was 161....I got onto them at the Birmingham shop yesterday and they said they'd chase it for me...that might have helped. I did post my number several pages ago on this thread I think.

Mrs T
24th April 2012, 08:14 PM
We have received two from SRS today. Batteries on charge!

It only has a one year worldwide warranty though - is that the same as everybody else?

Amanda

DekHog
24th April 2012, 09:06 PM
One year warranty is standard on all cameras as far as I know.... Hyundai should start making cameras, as their 5-year warranty has nearly swayed me into buying one of their cars! :D

Andrew Riddell
24th April 2012, 09:26 PM
For what it's worth, see this: http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/bills/article-1677034/Two-year-warranty-EU-law.html.

Andrew

brianvickers
24th April 2012, 09:36 PM
The kit is very reliable anyway, I don't know of any bad issues with Olympus...if there have been please don't tell me!

George Dorn
24th April 2012, 09:45 PM
Olympus offer a two year warranty for cameras bought in their EU area:-

http://www.olympus.co.uk/consumer/208_1564.htm

snaarman
25th April 2012, 10:52 AM
So what else could happen to delay delivery further?

Well, my credit card company got all frightened and refused to pay SRS, and phoned my to tell me what they had done.

There was an exchange of security details which seemed to satisfy them, but left the transaction cancelled. So there was an exchange of emails with SRS and I rather hope they can get the lens shipped today :mad:

anroo
25th April 2012, 11:01 AM
Good luck - SRS told me yesterday 45 f1.8 out of stock but more due in 'soon'

snaarman
25th April 2012, 11:04 AM
Good luck - SRS told me yesterday 45 f1.8 out of stock but more due in 'soon'

Hmm. I wonder if the credit card trick will have lost me my lens out of this batch. If I had N lenses and N+20 customers I would bump anyone with problems to the back of the queue...

EDIT: I decided to do the obvious thing and phoned SRS up. Don't know why I didn't think of that before. Apparently if your card bounces they keep the stock allocated for a while. Any road up, they OK'd the transaction and the lens should be here tomorrow all being well.

I took the chance to check on E-M5 status, and they confirmed the next batch will be with them on Friday.

StephenL
25th April 2012, 12:03 PM
[I]

I took the chance to check on E-M5 status, and they confirmed the next batch will be with them on Friday.

Does that mean your name is on that batch?

Greytop
25th April 2012, 12:23 PM
Does that mean your name is on that batch?

Yes and just out of interest when did you put in your pre-order?
Queue the noise of a precision crafted clock mechanism springing into life (by brain) :D;)

snaarman
25th April 2012, 01:29 PM
Yes and just out of interest when did you put in your pre-order?
Queue the noise of a precision crafted clock mechanism springing into life (by brain) :D;)

I certainly hope one of Friday's E-M5 boxes has my name on it. I can see it is not going to arrive until Monday though.. :(

I ordered at SRS on 16th March

Pete

Greytop
25th April 2012, 01:45 PM
Ah OK thanks, mine was pre-ordered 28th February so that sounds encouraging :)

andym
25th April 2012, 02:13 PM
I ordered at SRS on 16th March

Pete

Hmm.Mine was ordered on the 17th.Still hoping but the main date I want it for is the 20th of May when we go on holiday.

anroo
25th April 2012, 02:22 PM
Mine 29th February, so nearly there!

Greytop
25th April 2012, 04:31 PM
Excitement :D
I've just had the call from SRS, my black E-M5 body will be with me on Friday :)
No spare batteries as yet though...

Frank N Furter
25th April 2012, 04:55 PM
lack of batteries is a bit limiting at the moment.... hope they turn up before my hols...

btw...overall pretty impressed with the E-M5 so far...
+size is great... and although I love the E-5 it will now be going to a new home...can't afford to keep both..
- rear dial is not as easy to access as the E-5
+new IS as good or perhaps better than the E-5
- m.12-50 lens is a bit disappointing...feels cheap...zooming is 'different' and not in good way... will likely only use this in the rain... otherwise I'll use the m.14-150
+9 fps is frighteningly fast
- I use a black rapid strap so I don't use the rings to connect the standard strap.. they rattle! need to pluck up the courage to remove them...unless anyone has any other suggestions?
+ EVF is great ...with or without glasses
+ 'tons' of customisation in the menus.. similar enough to my E-5 to be quickly comfortable with them.. nice to be able to use the familiar super control panel as well as the ever confusing horizontal/vertical menus from the xz-1 etc.
+ proper rear buttons rather than the circle dial...much better
- makes a constant whirring noise....mentioned elsewhere...a little disconcerting.

StephenL
25th April 2012, 05:02 PM
Try accessing the "rear" dial with your index finger from the front. I find you can do both with the one finger, so to speak.

Remove the damned triangular rings - the plastic bits just flick off and the ring is just like a key ring.

You won't hear the noise outside, or even inside when you're used to it.

DekHog
25th April 2012, 06:05 PM
Does the SCP still exist in the same form as previous bodies? I watched the Steve Huff preview of the camera last night, and when he said 'here's the super control panel,' it was only showing a horizontal and vertical menu band along the bottom and right hand side of the screen? Is this just an alternative way of accessing settings? I'd be most disappointed if the standard SCP wasn't available.....

Frank N Furter
25th April 2012, 06:19 PM
Yep...fear not, the SCP is there in its original glory... you can configure which type of menu appears in the settings.

DekHog
25th April 2012, 07:22 PM
Email from Amazon two minutes ago - 'Your order has been dispatched.' Expected arrival date is tomorrow! I only ordered it on 19th March, so was expecting to wait a bit longer yet..... and I'm stuck in Aberdeen until Friday..... don't know whether to laugh or cry! :D *sob

Mrs T
25th April 2012, 07:52 PM
One year warranty is standard on all cameras as far as I know.... Hyundai should start making cameras, as their 5-year warranty has nearly swayed me into buying one of their cars! :D

Thanks DekHog - my husband rang SRS today who have confirmed we do have a two year warranty but as they were shipped directly the warranty card wasn't changed.

Amanda

DekHog
25th April 2012, 07:58 PM
Thanks DekHog - my husband rang SRS today who have confirmed we do have a two year warranty but as they were shipped directly the warranty card wasn't changed.

That's very good to know, thanks. :)

StephenL
26th April 2012, 08:23 AM
..... and I'm stuck in Aberdeen until Friday..... don't know whether to laugh or cry! :D *sob

Aberdeen or Dundee? Hmm - I understand your dilemma :D

snaarman
26th April 2012, 09:21 AM
The 45mm lens is on it's way from SRS. Tracking number says it was put on the van at 01.30 this morning. :)

"M4 closed due to van fire on hard shoulder"

E-M5? Could be soon, no call from SRS yet.

Bikie John
26th April 2012, 09:24 AM
*chr*chr happy dance *chr*chr

Now - charge, you *****, charge!

Ciao .... John

StephenL
26th April 2012, 09:28 AM
The 45mm lens is on it's way from SRS. Tracking number says it was put on the van at 01.30 this morning. :)

Do I detect the first trickles of excitement?

ringneck
26th April 2012, 09:29 AM
Ha.... you should have got a spare battery charged up ready ;)

StephenL
26th April 2012, 09:36 AM
Ha.... you should have got a spare battery charged up ready ;)

You try buying spare batteries! None exist world-wide as far as I can tell.

Greytop
26th April 2012, 09:43 AM

I think you may have had the last of their 45s Pete I've got to wait until next week for mine :(

Kiwi Paul
26th April 2012, 10:38 AM

I know the 45mm is hot stuff but surely it didn't spontaneously combust lol :p

Paul

DekHog
26th April 2012, 11:42 AM
My poor camera has been sitting on it's own 70 miles from me since 8.00am this morning.... what idiot came up with the idea of having to work for a living? :D

StephenL
26th April 2012, 11:48 AM
Can't you send a smoke signal (I know they don't have phones in Dundee) to get the battery charged ready for you?

DekHog
26th April 2012, 11:51 AM
Can't you send a smoke signal (I know they don't have phones in Dundee) to get the battery charged ready for you?

If you think I'm letting anyone else open it you must be mad...... that's half the fun.... can't start a fire to send smoke signals in Aberdeen anyway, it's always raining. :)

Kiwi Paul
26th April 2012, 11:57 AM
Is it still raining in Aberdeen? I thought it only rained when I was there and I'm in Norway at the moment, it's raining here of course, my fault ;)

Paul

snaarman
26th April 2012, 12:26 PM
While you are waiting for your camera.. they added it to the mix and match page

http://www.four-thirds.org/en/special/matching.html

edit: And it has the grip as well..

Actually the (grip + E-M5 + MMF1 + 14-54mm) doesn't look so stupid after all, and (MMF1 + 40-150 zoom) is only slightly longer than the m4/3 40-150 zoom, if I have done it properly.

Olybirder
26th April 2012, 12:49 PM
While you are waiting for your camera.. they added it to the mix and match page

http://www.four-thirds.org/en/special/matching.html

edit: And it has the grip as well..

Actually the (grip + E-M5 + MMF1 + 14-54mm) doesn't look so stupid after all, and (MMF1 + 40-150 zoom) is only slightly longer than the m4/3 40-150 zoom, if I have done it properly.

Thanks for that. I have tried attaching the 50-200 SWD zoom to the E-M5 with the Grip, using the MMF-3 adapter and it doesn't look as silly as I expected. I think that is as close as I will get to owning one. :(

Ron

micro43
26th April 2012, 01:47 PM
My camera and lens arrived late Monday afternoon, and a short while ago the 2 spare batteries arrived, which is a relief.

StephenL
26th April 2012, 02:10 PM
Where did you find the batteries?

Oh, and welcome!

micro43
26th April 2012, 02:34 PM
I ordered the camera/lens kit and spare batteries from Park a couple of days after it was announced. As the camera kit 'only' arrived on Monday, I'm far from the first with that, but it seems I may be amongst the earliest to get batteries! It's a great relief to have them - I feel very insecure without at least one spare battery.

JJC LH55-B lens hood equivalent arrived today too - it fits, but being designed for the 9-18 it does not do much for the 12-50. I'm loving the camera, though setting it up has been quite difficult (even though I have an E-P3 and lots of other Olympus cameras). There seem a few glitches though - I can't work out how to RELIABLY get the magnifier-assigned-button to work for MF (sometimes it does, sometimes nothing happens), and I also have a problem with the boosted display/constant brightness mode: I have always HATED how you have to select this (on E-P3 too) to use it with strobes in the 'studio', otherwise you cannot see anything, but if you do, the histogram does not respond exposure compensation, so otherwise it needs to be off, and this means messing around in the full menu. I'd prefer to keep this mode enabled, but have the histogram show the effect of compensation.

The 'sound' is inaudible except in a quiet room, when it is more disconcerting in that you do not expect a camera to make any sound when idle, but I now don't even notice, and I'm VERY sensitive to noise. The 'feel' of the buttons is a complete non-issue for me, but they are quite small, and so close to the strap-mounts that it can be difficult to use them, and the dials, or at least the rear one, don't easily come to finger.

The 12-50 is surprisingly large/long, but quite happy with it so far, except I really wish is was an equivalent of the old 12-60! I've mainly been working at small apertures, so the fact that I can't distinguish between the results from this lens and the 45mm aren't all that relevant!

StephenL
26th April 2012, 02:49 PM
The magnified assist on Fn2 seems to be giving a fair bit of grief. I initially had to ask how to set it, which Ian kindly sorted, but on mine I found that the more you used the button the better it became, almost as if there was dirt on the switch contacts which needed exercising off! Now it seems to work reliably. Be aware that you need to press Fn2 twice to activate it.

I've found it easier to use the rear dial from the front, with the index finger. But I'm considering swapping the functions of the dials round so that the front dial does aperture or shutter speed and the rear one exposure compensation.

micro43
26th April 2012, 02:55 PM
I have Fn2 assigned to AF/MF, and use the red button for magnify. When I press it, there are signs that it has been recognised (haven't worked out yet what changes!), but it does NOT always do what I expect!

Good idea to re-assign dials when the 'awkward' one is the primary one - I'll look into that - thanks.

snaarman
26th April 2012, 03:20 PM
Aha! Eventually... the 45mm lens :-)

Mmm - this thing is small

http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/622/EPL31197.jpg (http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/45682)

It focuses really really quickly. In fact the focus action is eerie, it's so fast and silent. It snapped onto the almost invisible datum line on this calibration cube with no problem.

http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/622/EPL31198.jpg (http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/45683)

Whereas the 14-54 needed help from me to focus. (note the difference in DoF and Bokeh quality)

http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/622/EPL31199.jpg (http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/45684)

All in all a rather worthy lens. This last shot is a cruel test so I forgive the longitudinal CA..

http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/622/EPL31200.jpg (http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/45685)

Now, let's have the camera to go with it..

Pete

David Morison
26th April 2012, 04:57 PM
Just had an email from SRS, from whom I'm awaiting my OMD, urging me to pre-register for my battery grip before 30th April. I thought that this had been extended until the end of May but I did it anyhow.

For information this is the message I received if it is of any use:

Olympus OM-D

Grip Promotion

As it is getting near to the end of the promotion, this is a reminder that in order to qualify for the grip you will need to pre-register your details with Olympus UK.

We understand from Olympus that where is asks you for the serial number, you should input ‘to follow’

Please note that Olympus UK have confirmed that this offer is for UK addresses only.

Should you require any further information, please contact us.

Regards

All the team at SRS Microsystems
--

Regards

David

snaarman
26th April 2012, 05:54 PM
I just had the call, my E-M5 is in and will be shipped tomorrow evening, gets here Monday. Ah well.

Apparently they had some spare batteries, but nowhere near enough and they've all gone.

The E-M5 has gone live on the SRS website with a proper price. That means you can "buy" it on line. I don't think that means they have any spare stock though..

Pete

brianvickers
26th April 2012, 05:58 PM
*chrGlad yours is on its way as your pre-order number was ahead of mine, just received mine today, battery charging.

trailer
26th April 2012, 06:00 PM
17th of Feb pre-order from SRS and no call. Just the email to register for the grip.........

trailer
26th April 2012, 07:36 PM
Sorry to sound negative. More frustrating! Aaaaaaagh!

StephenL
26th April 2012, 07:48 PM

I understand. Give them a ring in the morning.

broadway
26th April 2012, 08:57 PM
I just had the call, my E-M5 is in and will be shipped tomorrow evening, gets here Monday. Ah well.

Apparently they had some spare batteries, but nowhere near enough and they've all gone.

The E-M5 has gone live on the SRS website with a proper price. That means you can "buy" it on line. I don't think that means they have any spare stock though..

Pete

But only bodies STOCK DUE SOON! I wonder what date that really means....

Still nothing for me, but I was late, we'll see what happens when the next shipment arrives.

anroo
26th April 2012, 09:48 PM

I'm much the same, 29th Feb preorder from SRS, email reminding me to registar for grip, suggestion of 'large' shipment late this week and that they will be in touch 'soon' - but no firm news. :(

:rolleyes: Guess the phones will be running hot in the morning.

Ross the fiddler
27th April 2012, 04:28 AM
Our only offer in Aus is the MMF-3 (worth $199), but it is till the end of May, so I'm hoping we will have the silver EM-5 with the 12-50 lens in stock early next month (the black ones came in last week) as there is one supplier that's offering the kit at $162 off the retail price. I'm also thinking of adding the Panasonic 100-300 lens later in the year, because I can get that it at a very good price from a grey importer (worth the risk sometimes). I think my wife is coming around to letting me get this. She realises different cameras are for different uses & I'm going to keep letting her know that I need a different camera to add to my E30. *yes

anroo
27th April 2012, 08:13 AM

SRS say that they had some early in the week and hope to get more today - one wonders where Pete's came from yesterday!
Hey Ho, just have to await the call.

The Technician
27th April 2012, 10:14 AM
I have had this e-mail from Jacobs regarding the free grip offer:-

"We are still awaiting stock of the Olympus OM-D to fulfill your order and the pre-order offer for the free grip is due to expire on 30th April. We have been informed by Olympus that you will be able to put in your claim for the free grip by following the link below and entering "to be advised" in the serial number field.
When the camera comes in to stock you will be able to post proof of purchase and the serial number on to Olympus who will subsequently send the grip directly to you.
As it stands, we do not have a confirmed date for when the camera will arrive but we will be in touch as soon as it does."

I feel better about the deadline date for the grip offer now :D

Greytop
27th April 2012, 10:23 AM
I can barely contain my excitement, my OM-D is on the local delivery van :)

Edit: Just be notified that my 45mm and lens hood have shipped too :)

Olybirder
27th April 2012, 10:23 AM
I have just reading on dpreview about somebody who phoned Jacobs on Thursday in the faint hope that they might have an E-M5 in stock. He was told that they had a few black kits in stock, so he ordered one and it arrived today! A couple of other people ordered theirs before the stock ran out. I thought the Lottery took place on Saturdays. ;)

Ron

snaarman
27th April 2012, 10:24 AM
SRS say that they had some early in the week and hope to get more today - one wonders where Pete's came from yesterday!

Yes, I wonder that as well. They phoned me about 6 last night. Maybe they were acting slightly ahead of themselves...

Wash my mouth out but: New m4/3 camera body:
My old lenses don't fit so I needs new lenses or an adapter.
My old batteries don't fit either, so I need to get spares of the new sort.
My CF cards don't work, so I need to buy SD cards.
Even the lens caps seem to be smaller.

So much change involved in sticking with Oly, I could have jumped ship to N***n *yes

I'll get my cap..

swing
27th April 2012, 11:02 AM
It could have been a pre-order set aside at the start of the week, and having contacted the person, they declined the order, and this allowed SRS to contact the next person down the list...

peak4
27th April 2012, 12:14 PM
Just had an email from SRS, from whom I'm awaiting my OMD, urging me to pre-register for my battery grip before 30th April. I thought that this had been extended until the end of May but I did it anyhow.
For information this is the message I received if it is of any use:

Olympus OM-D

Grip Promotion

As it is getting near to the end of the promotion, this is a reminder that in order to qualify for the grip you will need to pre-register your details with Olympus UK.

We understand from Olympus that where is asks you for the serial number, you should input ‘to follow’

Please note that Olympus UK have confirmed that this offer is for UK addresses only.
Should you require any further information, please contact us.
Regards
All the team at SRS Microsystems
--
Regards
David

It wasn't quite that easy, but is does work in the end
http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showpost.php?p=162587&postcount=41 (http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showpost.php?p=162587&postcount=41)

Ross the fiddler
27th April 2012, 01:25 PM
Oh no! I've gone & done it! :eek:

We have a supplier (digiDirect) in Sydney that is offering the EM-5 with the 12-50 lens for $1337 when the retail price is $1499 & I've gone & ordered the silver model with paypal. I wasn't going to pay up yet, but it's too late now (although I can cancel if I want to) & I'll have to find the money for it quickly now (to replace the amount taken out). :o Oh well, hopefully there will be no regrets.

Greytop
27th April 2012, 01:34 PM
Oh no! I've gone & done it! :eek:

We have a supplier (digiDirect) in Sydney that is offering the EM-5 with the 12-50 lens for $1337 when the retail price is $1499 & I've gone & ordered the silver model with paypal. I wasn't going to pay up yet, but it's too late now (although I can cancel if I want to) & I'll have to find the money for it quickly now (to replace the amount taken out). :o Oh well, hopefully there will be no regrets.

I'm sure you will not regret it Ross, mine (a black body) is sat on my desk in front of me waiting for the battery to charge. I have to say Olympus have done a stunning job with the style, feel and quality of this camera.

I goes quite nicely with the Panny 20mm
http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/500/My_E-M5.jpg (http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/45714)

Kiwi Paul
27th April 2012, 01:49 PM
That's a good price, you are paying in Aussie dollars what the UK folk are paying in £!!!!

Paul

anroo
27th April 2012, 02:39 PM
It could have been a pre-order set aside at the start of the week, and having contacted the person, they declined the order, and this allowed SRS to contact the next person down the list...

Could be but if I remember right Pete placed his order with SRS on 16th March and mine was placed with them on 29th February. I'm sure there's a good reason, and I'm not meaning to carp, but following this saga on the various fora throws interesting light on the workings of the supply chain. While we have acted as wise virgins and are waiting in queues, reports elsewhere have people walking into shops and picking them up.

The Saint
27th April 2012, 03:02 PM
Just had a call from Cameraworld and it's mixed news!

The silver OM-D still hasn't arrived and are unlikely to be available until the end of May. However, they did get a supply of black ones in today.

I might have been stupid, but going to hold out for the silver model, the 45mm f1.8 will look nicer on it (although do appearence really mattter?)

Also the battery, strap and case that come part of the Focus deal are not in yet, which helped to resist going for a black model.

Simon

George Dorn
27th April 2012, 03:10 PM
I'm sure you will not regret it Ross, mine (a black body) is sat on my desk in front of me waiting for the battery to charge. I have to say Olympus have done a stunning job with the style, feel and quality of this camera.

I goes quite nicely with the Panny 20mm

The body really is petite, isn't it?

ringneck
27th April 2012, 03:18 PM
You try buying spare batteries! None exist world-wide as far as I can tell.

Sorry.....and sorry to all of you who are being messed about with all the waiting/being on lists and then having to register yourself with OLY to get the offer.
All this would totally Pee me off ...and really there's no need for any of it.
If they are launching something then hows about making the b****** things 1st.
I have had the same trouble with cars over the years...you would think Honda would have at least One black one in the U.K. But no it had to be a special order and took for ever.(rant over),

StephenL
27th April 2012, 03:34 PM
I've got a black Honda .....