PDA

View Full Version : Cheap CompactFlash 4GB - Sandisk Extreme III - cards at 7dayshop

CaptainD
30th May 2008, 07:39 PM
I just had an email from 7dayshop who are selling 4GB CF Sandisk Extreme III cards for just 17.99. A very good deal that avoids the worry of the dreaded fake cards on Ebay.

http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=777_6&products_id=101183&PHPSESSID=0264adb48950ca488e962843680f9e3f

Cheers

Chris*chr

j.baker
30th May 2008, 09:29 PM
I purchased one a few weeks ago. It works well.

They also have some 8GB cards that work well in E400's (for the same price)

StephenL
31st May 2008, 06:04 PM
Same price as Amazon.

HughofBardfield
2nd June 2008, 10:48 AM
Thanks for the pointers to the Sandisk cards. Amazon will be getting an order shortly as it's "Super Saver Delivery"!

I bought one of the 8Gb cards (by Dane-Elec) from 7-day-shop the other day & seems fine so far. I have other cards made by the same company, and while they aren't the fastest in the universe, they are fine for my purposes. I prefer cards around 4Gb, however, on the "not too many eggs in one basket" principle.

Chillimonster
2nd June 2008, 12:14 PM
I Have 6 of these cards, very good value and excellent performers in the E-3.

Got 6 as when out i tend to set a count down timer and change cards on the hour and cycle them. That way if i 'lose' a card it has a selection of images from throughout the day rather than a large chuck from one section of the day.

StephenL
2nd June 2008, 12:40 PM
That smacks of being organised!

Got 6 as when out i tend to set a count down timer and change cards on the hour and cycle them. That way if i 'lose' a card it has a selection of images from throughout the day rather than a large chuck from one section of the day.

Chillimonster
2nd June 2008, 12:43 PM
That smacks of being organised!

Yeah i know, but as the saying goes Once Bitten........

Lost a full mornings shooting on the last day of a trip to Prague last year, so vowed to be organised and minimise losses from then on.

Chris