PDA

View Full Version : The little lens that could!!

Kiwi Paul
11th March 2012, 10:32 PM
Having just returned from the Torridon 4/3 trip and briefly reviewing my pics, one lens that really stood out both in usefulness and image quality and reinforcing my previous opinions on this great little lens is the Zuiko m9-18.
I'm really impressed with it, it's so small and compact yet really delivers the goods when it comes to taking great pics. The focal range is ideal for landscapes , it produces sharp, detailed images with great clarity, even reviewing in post processing at 100% the amount of detail and sharpness is impressive.
Anyone who is looking for a superwide lens for m4/3 should really put this lens high on the list, I haven't used the Lumix 7-14 lens but really don't see how it can be much if any better than the m9-18 and the 9-18 is less than half the price.
The mZuiko 12mm f2.0 lens may be faster and ultimately have the edge in IQ but it lacks the versatility of the lovely little m9-18 and the 12mm costs more too.

Paul

Graham_of_Rainham
11th March 2012, 11:53 PM
Completely agree. It's my default lens on the PEN and I find myself using it more and more in place of the 7-14 :eek:

Topsyrm
14th March 2012, 08:31 PM
Having just returned from the Torridon 4/3 trip and briefly reviewing my pics, one lens that really stood out both in usefulness and image quality and reinforcing my previous opinions on this great little lens is the Zuiko m9-18.
I'm really impressed with it, it's so small and compact yet really delivers the goods when it comes to taking great pics. The focal range is ideal for landscapes , it produces sharp, detailed images with great clarity, even reviewing in post processing at 100% the amount of detail and sharpness is impressive.
Anyone who is looking for a superwide lens for m4/3 should really put this lens high on the list, I haven't used the Lumix 7-14 lens but really don't see how it can be much if any better than the m9-18 and the 9-18 is less than half the price.
The mZuiko 12mm f2.0 lens may be faster and ultimately have the edge in IQ but it lacks the versatility of the lovely little m9-18 and the 12mm costs more too.

Paul

I have the 4/3 for the Oly E410 and am just as impressed.

Pete_Murrell
11th May 2012, 10:08 AM
Interesting posts guys. I am looking to buy the 9-18 or the 11-22...money is a factor (when is it not) and these posts have made my decision harder..I almost decided not to get a new lens...but this has reignited my spark.
In this vein. Have any of you guys ever bought a 'Factory Refurbished' lens? Are they reliable or should I just buy a new one. I can't find a second hand one anywhere. I guess people who have them don't want to buy them.