PDA

View Full Version : Challenge 47: CHAOS

hruissen
10th March 2012, 01:35 PM
Challenge #47 CHAOS.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Could the MODS make this post a sticky please.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The theme for the next challenge is: CHAOS

The inspiration for this theme came after a visit to Mumbai in India where I was hit by the chaos of this huge city but after a few days I realised that despite this chaos the city was alive and functioning.

As photographers we (or at least I) try to achieve a composition in which harmony is important. A nice sky with clouds, some nice scenery and in the foreground some interesting features to make it a nice picture. All very well balanced and well-considered.

Now how do you capture CHAOS in a picture which is still interesting to see and which is not a chaos in itself? That might be a big challenge I think. And maybe, what we think of as being chaos, in a picture looks well organised. I am very curious what you make of this challenge and hope to see lots of different pictures with your interpretation. Hope you enjoy!.

Please send your entries to me by E-mail: h.ruissen@xs4all.nl before Saturday 7th April 2012

General rules:
==================

Max. 800 pixels in width or height
Up to 512KB
EXIF intact
Taken by you on an E-series (4/3 or m4/3) camera between 12th March 2012 and 7th April 2012.
Include your name, your forum moniker and a title for the picture.

Full rules:
==================
1. Photos should be taken (dated in EXIF) between 12th March 2012 and 7th April 2012 inclusive and sent in during that period. Photos will be posted in the gallery after 7th April 2012. We will vote in the week following, results announced soon after voting closes. More reminders and details nearer the date.

2. You must be the photographer who created the picture in order to enter the challenge, and all entries must be visibly anonymous and should be sent to the challenge organiser. You must indicate (a) your real name, (b) your e-group forum name and (c) a title for your photo, in the email. Any entries that are not clearly identifiable and verifiable won't be entered into the challenge.

3. Entries to the challenge :

Should contain no watermarks, distinguishing effects and no borders
Must be jpg format and no more than 800 pixels on the longest edge
Must have been taken on an Olympus E-* camera
Must have all EXIF data included for the organiser to verify.
Max file size to suit the gallery here is 512kb.

4. You need to be registered on e-group.uk.net forums to qualify for entry into the challenge. The organiser may also enter the challenge (the entries are anonymous and the organiser is trusted to record votes accurately).

5. Only one entry permitted per challenge please. But if you want to withdraw an entry or replace it with another that's OK, you must make it clear in an email to the challenge organiser before the closing date, also ensure the email contains clear instructions and (if required) your replacement picture.

6. Voting on the challenge:

Any registered member of the e-group forum may vote, including those who submit entries.
Those who submit entries may vote for their own photo but are expected to allot their choices fairly on perceived merit.
Voters should list their three choices in order of preference, by display number and title to avoid confusion.
Points will be allotted as follows: three to first choice, two to second choice, one to third choice.

dbutch
10th March 2012, 05:54 PM
Great

I think I will take a pic of my house at the moment:)

hruissen
27th March 2012, 02:44 PM
Too difficult...?

Just a reminder. Still 10 days to go. Nothing received yet........

brianvickers
29th March 2012, 11:54 AM
I've been trying to think of something, life is chaotic but my pictures tend to be orderly.....come to think of it I might have an idea......

throt
30th March 2012, 07:45 AM
lol after got my second eye opened in the morning noticed that I made couple of mistakes - photo should be anonymous and the pic taken date should be this year - so not suitable for entry... but i'll probably think out something to make it correct :D

Phill D
30th March 2012, 08:22 AM
Hmm our house is always in chaos but my wife would have a fit if I took photos of it and posted it on the net! Otherwise my inspiration for this subject has been sadly lacking. Any chance the deadline could be extended a little to let those of us who are inspirationally challanged to possibly think of something over Easter?

hruissen
5th April 2012, 03:12 PM
Is it really that difficult (or is it uninspiring???)

Due to the lack of entries so far, I have decided to extend the deadline with two weeks so the new deadline for your entries will be the 21st of April.

Lots of time again to complete a chaotic picture. Or are we photographers too well organized?

Good luck

Henk

Imageryone
7th April 2012, 04:41 PM
Lets have a go, since i haven't been on for a while......
bet his mind was in Chaos

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd296/dcwalkerphoto/April%202012/P4061292a.jpg

hruissen
19th April 2012, 01:49 PM
reminder..... Two days to go....... (Entries untill now: 0)

hruissen
20th April 2012, 10:36 AM
Hurray.......*chr Received the first entry for this challenge. More to follow soon???

gregles
14th June 2012, 09:55 PM
How did this challenge finish up?

Greg

hruissen
20th June 2012, 05:34 PM
Unfortunately only one entry for this challenge. So no voting for this one.

The only entry came from dbutch:

http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/1446/connect-blue.jpg (http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/48174)

From the newsletter I understood that a new challenge is to be set (not by me): Bokeh. Hopefully this will inspire more people to send in a picture. Cannot find any details in the forum yet.

Regards

Henk

gregles
20th June 2012, 08:30 PM
Thanks Henk, what a pity there were not more entries, myself included:o

Hopefully Dave, dbutch, will catch up on this thread and set us a new challenge;)

Greg:)

dbutch
21st June 2012, 12:01 PM
Eek a win by default:eek: - forgotten about this, lifes a bit busy at the moment

I am away over the weekend so will try and post something early next week be a shame for the challenges to disappear

Dave