PDA

View Full Version : Collecting Lara from Scouts much more fun with an E-M5

Ian
9th March 2012, 09:44 PM
http://fourthirds-user.com/galleries/data/550/P3090042.jpg (http://fourthirds-user.com/galleries/showphoto.php/photo/23013)

1/10th of a second f/5 (12-50 @19mm) IS1, hand held, ISO 6400, lit by the courtesy light in the car, Noise filter OFF. No adjustments - this is simply resized from an in-camera JPEG. And that's Lara photographed this evening when I collected her from Scouts.

Ian

Graham_of_Rainham
10th March 2012, 12:13 AM
Now that is impressive low light photography. The size of her pupils is clear indication of the lighting. Your portrait skills are going from strength to strength.

You are so lucky to have such a cooperative daughter. Or is it a long walk home ;)

Nick Temple-Fry
10th March 2012, 12:26 AM
That's a lovely capture, nice picture Ian (though if for the family album I might clone out the background figure).

I downloaded it, doubled the view size and twisted the bottom end of the histogram, everything held together. So I'm impressed by the camera jpeg performance.

Just a bit worried that the scouts now paint/tattoo patrol ranks, and apparently the countryside badge is worn on the shoulder.

Thank Lara for agreeing to be a model for this shot.

Nick

Zuiko
10th March 2012, 12:52 AM
That really is impressive Ian, especially at ISO6400. Mind you, it is worth mentioning that half the battle is getting the correct exposure, which you clearly have done. I suspect that when this camera is generally available there will be complaints about high ISO noise from people who have under-exposed and try to recover detail in pp, or try to lighten shadows that are best left alone. But this is a great start as you begin to explore the camera's capabilities. :)

StephenL
10th March 2012, 07:47 AM
You're just rubbing it in, aren't you? ;) Roll on next month!

Great illustration of what the camera can do, mind.

Phill D
10th March 2012, 08:33 AM
That's a great shot now you really are going to make me regret not going for that opening offer at Focus.

bassman
10th March 2012, 02:50 PM
Speaks for itself, lens included !